Friday, December 08, 2006

Who Takes Out The Trash?!?!

I once heard about a couple who this happened to:

Her dad always took out the trash. His mom always took out the trash. So, when they got married, it was frustrating because nobody would take the trash out. He thought she should do it and she thought he should do it.

I used to laugh at this story until recently, Aaron & I ARE THAT COUPLE!!! I'm not sure if his mom always took out the trash, but one of Aaron's pet peeves is that I let the trash get full (and sometimes overflowing -- depending on which trash can) and I don't take it out. This morning, I was cooking breakfast and he came in and said, "IF THE TRASH IS FULL, EMPTY IT." I stood there over the pancakes thinking, "But, you are supposed to take the trash out. At least my dad always did." My dad always took the trash out and so I assumed that would be Aaron's role. Aaron thinks that anyone can take the trash out and they should.

So, I'm curious. . .who takes the trash out at your house?!?!


P.S. I need some more comments on here, people!!!! :)

5 comments:

Lydianna Bradford said...

I NEVER took out the trash until it started getting full of diapers. I totally thought it was the "guy" job. My Dad was always the garbage guy. If I have to take out the garbage I do but deep down I still think its really Kevin's job. He does usually bring it out to the curb.

Brandi Wilson said...

The house cleaner! I never take out the trash. Randy never takes out the trash unless I beg him/hound him. Randy's brother Michael sometimes takes out the trash when he's over, and Shirley stacks the trash into smaller bags.
I think trash taking out is a man's job. Or the house cleaners job!

ericaprosser said...

Tim takes the trash out! It it part of the group of things which happen OUTSIDE, which puts it into his chore list. I give him the international sign for 'the trash is ready'- which is pulling the bag up and folding it over the top so nothing else can go in- and he takes it out.

trish said...

I am with the camp that - the guys take out the trash. Of course after fourteen or fifteen years- who is counting I think I have Joel convinced. Now I am proud to say that my seven year old Nash is also convinced to put his shoes on and take out the trash when his wonderful mommy requests it. Gotta love it.

A-lauf said...

now people I do take the trash out. I just don't understand why you keep putting trash in when it is full and then it just falls onto the floor, or you will put a big huge box that fills up the entire trash can in it and then all the little trash gets left out...my mom does this too. I am not home for 9 hours a day, so when the trash hits the can and falls out....ahhhhh it's time to be taken out. ;)