Over the last few weeks, I've been trying to get a plan together for Jaxon's room. I had the idea, but I had to get it on paper. So, I made a list of everything I needed for his room to be complete. I decided that the first thing I wanted to do was paint and it would be the coolest Dallas Cowboys room ever!
So, yesterday I got my graph paper out and sketched it all out -- where the lines are going to be and how big they're going to be. It actually came together pretty quickly.
Now, here's where it gets awesome -- Trying to match the Dallas Cowboys colors. I've been to Lowe's 3 times trying to find paint chips that would match. For hours, I've thumbed through my paint book that Randy gave to me trying to make a match. When I went to take my laser level back, I was again looking at paint chips and I realized that all I needed to do was take a jersey in and have them match the color! DUH!!
But, the tricky color was the green for the "field". Today I went to Home Depot to find paint for the field. On my way there, I realized that it was just before 2 pm and I had to buy the paint and go to Wal-Mart before I had to pick the boys up at 3 pm. I was a little panicked, but I prayed and asked God to help me find the right color very quickly and help me make a decision on it -- something I'm not good about right now. I also prayed that there would be someone at the paint counter when I got there so I didn't have to waste time trying to find someone.
So, I walked in Home Depot and headed for the paint section when I see this Dallas Cowboys jersey up on the wall. I saw a huge poster next to it that said something about your "team colors". I went down to the Glidden paint chips and there was this pamphlet there with all the NFL, NHL, NBA, and college teams. They had already done the work for me!! There it was -- Dallas Navy, Dallas White, Dallas Silver, & Dallas Blue!! Hip Hip Hooray!!
But, today I was specifically looking for the green. I turn the page and there is a room with a football field on the wall. I took it to the lady (who was already at the counter) and told her I wanted that green and that white. We found the color and she mixed it up!! I walked out of Home Depot at 2:07 pm.
I cannot tell you how excited I was!! I made it to Wal-Mart and made it on time to pick up the boys, but if I had to stand there and find a color and make a decision, I either would have walked away (again) with no paint or not gone to Wal-Mart (which was a necessity trip -- we were out of TP) to get the boys on time. God totally had me taken care of!! Of course He did!!!! I'm his favorite!! ;)
5 comments:
I'm so glad for you! Who knew they had NFL colors? Don't those things make you wonder if they already had such a thing or if when you prayed that all the sudden God created the product? I know he would do that for you!
Hey, today in prayer time at school Taylor and Jocie wanted to pray for you because you were having a baby. Isn't that sweet?
I'm so excited about Jaxon's room! I know it's going to be great!
That does sound very cute!! I'm glad you found the right colors! Yay!!
I love that God loves the details and love you!
That's awesome. God is cool like the Cowboys, except he is consistantly good!
My only question is, how does Payton feel about Jaxon's room?
Tim, Payton was very upset at the thought of doing a football room for Jaxon. But, once I explained that Jaxon would only sleep in there for about a year and then it would become Payton's room. He's getting to pick a lot of the stuff out for it. I can't wait to get the Dallas Cowboys ceiling fan!! ;)
Just noticed today that Wal-Mart has twin size comforters that are the Dallas Cowboys . . . hmmm
Post a Comment