Just wanted to blog about my day yesterday. . might get a little lengthy.
* Got up and fed Jaxon. Got him back to sleep.
* Checked e-mail and blogs.
* Took a shower.
* Jaxon awake again.
* Time for relational meeting at the church. . . I love those things! Yesterday's was especially fun just chatting about whatever came up.
* Had to leave early because I had to go to Wal-Mart and Jaxon had had enough meeting!! Jaxon falls alseep on the way.
* Go to Wal-Mart to exchange some diapers. Jaxon starts screaming and won't stop unless he's held. But, I can't hold/carry him and push the buggy at the same time.
* Decide to go to the bathroom and feed him.
Here's where things get to be one of THOSE days:
I go in the "family bathroom" because I knew I could keep a close eye on Evan and I wouldn't have to sit on the toilet to feed Jaxon. I change his diaper and start to feed him when my phone rings. Evan has the need to answer it and goes through his questions: Who is this? What do you want? etc.
He hands me the phone and tells me it's Sally. I was thinking it was the mom of the boy that we pick up from school, but no such luck. This Sally is from ARMC and she proceeds to tell me that I have a balance of $3800 and would I like to pay for it today on a credit card or with my debit card.
Now, as I'm sitting here talking to her, I'm feeding Jaxon. Evan is peeing in the toilet and wants to flush it. I convince him not to. Then, he has to wash his hands and dry them. . . talk about loud! Then, Sally makes some comment about how loud it is and how it's hard being a mom. If I could have reached through that phone and slapped her, I would have!
I explain to Sally that we already paid what we were supposed to pay. She tells me that what I paid was a deposit and not the full amount. I explain to her that the lady told me that if there were any other charges, someone would come to my room and collect the extra before I left the hospital. That was the only way to get the discount. Sally said that the $3800 is for blood work, how long I was in the delivery room, and how long I was in my room and because I paid the "deposit", they weren't concerned about coming to my room to collect the rest. I told her that I was in the delivery room for 1 hour and that this extra $3800 is not what we agreed to.
Then, Sally asks me if maybe my mom or my mother-in-law would help me pay this bill. My jaw hit the floor!! What in the world?!?! I explained to her that I don't have $4000 sitting in a savings account somewhere and even if I did, I don't owe them anything. I already paid what I was supposed to pay. I explained to her that we called and asked what the amount would be and we saved up that much money and I'm not paying for the other stuff.
By this time, I'm having to get on to Evan for turning on the hand dryer again and again. Jaxon is screaming and there is a lady outside the door waiting to use our bathroom. Sally gives me her number and tells me to get back with her. I was so frustrated I just started crying.
I finished feeding Jaxon . . . still hearing the lady outside our bathroom talk about how she was waiting on this bathroom. Jaxon won't go back in his carseat. He wants to be held. I hold Jaxon with one arm and push with the other. It works for a short amount of time.
* I fly through Wal-Mart picking up the things I need.
* Jaxon finally goes back to sleep.
* Go to pick up Alicia's (my college friend) mail, etc.
* Go to Aaron's office to drop off some of his flooring.
* Before we leave to go pick up the kids, Evan wakes Jaxon up and Jaxon wants to eat again. But, it's time to pick up the kids and get them home.
* Go pick up the kids -- all 4 of them. . . Jaxon screaming.
* I'm so totally frazzled by Sally and Jaxon screaming. Brandi helps me get the kids in the car. I laugh and tell her that I think I need something strong to drink and now I understand why people say that! ;)
* She gives me $20 and tells me to use it to buy dinner. . . I love you, Brandi!!!
* Jaxon continues to scream. Taylor put a book in front of him and he finally stopped for 10 minutes.
* The kids are mad because Jaxon is screaming. There's nothing I can do short of stopping to feed him, but that will take 30 minutes with impatient kids in the car.
* Krissy calls and we agree to meet before our usual spot so I can get home and feed Jaxon.
* Meet Krissy. . get home. . . feed Jaxon.
* Aaron gets home and plays football with Payton and Evan.
* Some guys come over for the Monday night meeting. (I don't mind it at all.) I hide out in my bedroom wrapping a few Christmas presents.
* The guys leave.
* Get the boys to bed.
* I go to bed for the 2nd day without really talking to Aaron. . wish we could figure that one out. It always seems like someone is needing something at all times.
Please pray for us. We are leaving on Friday to go to our parents' houses. We are going to be on the road a lot over Christmas and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not looking forward to doing all of it with a newborn. They don't sleep good when they aren't home and we will really be on the road a lot . . . did I mention that Jaxon hates his carseat? And, I'm so tired of nursing and I want to stop, but then I feel like I'm causing even more of a financial burden. . . yes, I know this is all part of a new baby. Good news is Jaxon is sleeping much better. . . only getting up every 3 hours!!! YAY for that!!
Edited to add: Now would be a good time for those checks in the mail to show up. . those gifts & surprises, those debts paid off. . . you get the idea.
Yes, Pam as I'm sitting there on the phone with Sally mad as I could be at the situation, I was at least thinking this would make good blog material!!! ;)
3 comments:
Wow. Nothing clever to say for that one.
I could say a bunch of "blah, blah, blah" about "seasons" but then I might as well get in line behind Sally to be slapped!
Hey, think of it this way, it makes for good blog material! [0f course I'm wincing as I say that!]
I can't explain how bad I felt for you yesterday. I even talked to Randy about it last night. When I saw you gathering all those loud kids to put in your car I just felt terrible for you. I knew there wasn't anything to do to help you. I hated that.
Four out of five of my kids passionatly hated the carseat. I have no advice for that. I just got used to the screaming. I couldn't even hear it after awhile. When we went to a drive through no one could ever hear us ordering. We always had to order at the window so the person could hear us over the screaming. I don't miss that.
If you can think of anything else I can do let me know.
oh, rachel...i just want to give you a big hug and take jaxon away for a day. do you mind if i breastfeed him? hehe. i'm sorry you had to go through all that. i'm glad that day is over and can't be repeated. and as for the traveling...i think the family should come to you, or maybe that would be worse.
Post a Comment