Thursday, March 20, 2008

The End of NYC

Today we're heading back, but we have had a blast!! My mom asked me last night if I could live here. . I think I could -- Aaron could not. ;)

I think we've seen everything in this town . . well, everything you can see in Manhattan. We went back to the World Trade Center this morning. WOW is all to say about that. When you see it, it makes things from that day make more sense. Like how many people would have been running up the streets. Like how many people were in that building. Sure, we've heard the numbers, but to be here and see it, it just means so much more.

Yesterday we went out the outlet malls. Had a blast there!! Spent money on the kids, of course. How is it that we do that? They got a LOT of clothes. Aaron and I got some new shoes. ;)

On Tuesday we went out to the Statue of Liberty. I laughed and told Aaron that Ira needs to come and power wash her!! We stayed on the ferry instead of getting off and walking around. It was REALLY COLD that day, especially around the water.

Monica, when we went to Wall Street my camera was dead. We were down by there this morning, but I didn't get your comment until we came back to our hotel. We're going to go see if we can find at least a postcard of it before we leave. Our taxi will be here in 40 minutes to take us back to the airport. But there are souvineer shops on every corner. . actually 5 or 6 a street block!!

So, I'll post pictures when we get back. Tomorrow is our 10th anniversary . . hard to belive it's been 10 years. This was quite a way to celebrate that!!

Tomorrow is also Payton's 7th birthday. . WOW! 7 years! I'll post more on that tomorrow. So, for now, good bye from New York City!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU GUYS HAD FUN... CONGRATES ON 10 YEARS..

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear all the crazy stories in person! We missed you guys!

trish said...

Happy Anniversary! We might see you Sunday. We might not leave til Sat.

Pamelotta said...

Hope you're about to get into the Cash Cab! Can't wait to see you guys and hear all the stories!

MONICA said...

Happy Anniversary!! I'm so glad you guys made wonderful memories in NYC! It's hard to get away with a growing family, but so important.

I'm looking forward to the pics! Don't worry if you don't get the Bull, it was an afterthought!