Friday, May 02, 2008

For Hire . . .

If there is one thing about Payton that I LOVE, it's that he is a hard worker. He loves to work. I heard the lawn mower running the other day and thought Aaron was mowing the grass on the riding mower. But, to my surprise, it was Payton with the push mower.


He got the front yard mowed and started on the back before he got tired. But, the next day he came home from school and got right to work on it. He doesn't really mow in perfect straight lines, but he's almost got it done. He mows in lines for a while and then decides to come up toward the house. . . then it's back to lines and back towards the tree. He does look sometimes to see where else he has to mow.


He's mowed our yard for $5. He really wants a Rangers jersey that costs $60. He asked me yesterday if him and I could put our money together and buy it. I told him that he could also earn money by doing chores around the house. He's all on board, so today I'm working on a list for him. He wants to mow our grass every week so he can buy the jersey. I am just hoping he sticks with it, but I am glad that he doesn't just expect me to buy it for him. Although I'm sure he thinks that would be nice.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

WOW! That is so awesome! I love that he goes out there a mows without being asked! I think making kids earn money teaches them so much more than just giving it to them! If he still wants to earn money in August/September I'll definetly pay him to mow my yard after I move out here to Clyde!