Sunday, July 20, 2008

I've got to (bom bom) get away I've got to (bom bom) run away

I don't usually get an itching to get out of town. I'm pretty much a homebody, but today the itch hit me! I have got to get out of here! Payton and Evan are at Aaron's parents' house for a couple of days, so I just have Jaxon. I have done all the painting on my scrapbook room that I can do. I'm still waiting on the bed, floor, and lights for that. I'm also waiting on Erica to get back so she can draw my zebra wall on. So, I can't do anything else in there. I don't have a lot of money to spend, so a huge shopping trip won't work. I just need to get away and do something. I feel like I've been on vacation for 2 weeks now and I haven't gone anywhere. Once I get back in the swing of things, it's hard to get away. Plus, Jesse's last day at BRM was on Friday, so now Aaron can't just up and go either.

Anyone up for a road trip for a day or two? Or anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Jaxon has a dr. appointment tomorrow (Monday) afternoon, but that's the only thing.

I'm not even sure that's the right song lyrics in my title, but I think you'll know what song I'm talking about. . I can't remember who sings it and I can't remember if "get away" or "run away" come first. . . . Oh well. . you get the idea.

3 comments:

Dorie said...

Come visit me! We don't have a guest room, but I have a pull out sofa you can sleep on.

Check out my blog. I finally updated it with some pics of Makayla.

Pamelotta said...

Tainted Love by the Ramones.

And yeah, you'd better do it while you can! Those days don't come along very often.

God's Warrior Bride said...

I agree with Pam - get away while you can - it doesn't matter where, just go, enjoy yourself and take some time to "smell the roses".

By the way, if I haven't ever told you - and I'm sure I haven't (for which I repent) I truly love you and your family and am so happy we serve together.