Last weekend: We went to OKC on Friday night and spent the night at Aaron's grandma's house on the hardest bed I've probably ever slept on and pillows that I don't think can really be considered pillows anymore. They are probably pillows that Aaron's dad and uncles slept on when they were kids. . . no kidding!
The boys have been running "sprints" in the evenings. Jordy babysat them one day and took them to HSU's football field and had them running sprints. Ever since, they like to run them. So, here are some pictures of the boys racing Aaron's dad and Aaron. We were using the stopwatch on Aaron's iphone to time everyone.


Feeling right at home in Oklahoma with all the OU gear! I had actually forgotten how into it everyone gets in Oklahoma. Everywhere we went, people had on their maroon and white or orange and black (OSU).
This picture was at BrickTown in downtown OKC. Kind of like San Antonio's riverwalk. We were trying to kill some time before heading to OU. Afterwards, I had wished that we had taken the boys to the OKC bombing memorial. Aaron and I went when I was pregnant with Payton, but I would have like to gone back.
We went to the OU game on Saturday afternoon. . . well, we didn't actually get in. Here is a picture of Jaxon in the grass while we're waiting on the boys to see if they could find tickets. There wasn't hardly ANYONE selling tickets . . . and we needed 6 of them! Aaron found a few, but they were $65 each. . . uh, no. Jaxon had never felt the grass before! It was so funny! We did have a good time while we were waiting. 
This picture was at BrickTown in downtown OKC. Kind of like San Antonio's riverwalk. We were trying to kill some time before heading to OU. Afterwards, I had wished that we had taken the boys to the OKC bombing memorial. Aaron and I went when I was pregnant with Payton, but I would have like to gone back.



Payton was so brokenhearted! He was so pumped to go to that game!! We were outside the gate and you could hear all of the cheering and the band playing. But, you couldn't see in anywhere. When we finally decided that we weren't going to get tickets, Payton broke down! But, I was proud of him. He could have thrown a massive fit kicking, screaming, etc. He just cried . . . and cried. This picture still kind of makes me tear up knowing how upset he was.

It was actually a good thing that we didn't get in. There was an hour and a half rain delay and OU won like 57 to 2. Not an exciting game by any means. We went to eat and then headed back to Aaron's grandma and that stone of a bed. Payton was exhausted. Can that really be comfortable?

We headed to Tulsa on Sunday morning. . not in time to go to church. We met our friends (the birthday boy & his wife) for lunch. While we were at lunch, I asked her about the "after 5 dress". She said I couldn't be overdressed for this party. So, we went to the mall. Ever shopped with 4 boys in the middle of the afternoon? I knew I had one chance in one store and one store only. I did find some pants. The top I picked out, I wasn't pleased with, but the boys were exhausted and I didn't have much time. So, that's what I got. Got back to the hotel and a stone on my shirt came off. . . oh well. I'll just hold Jaxon.
The party was fun. His friends did a talent show called Johnie's Friends Got Talent. It really was fun and so thought out. They had party favors on the table and inside the little boxes were red (his fav. color) and silver M&Ms. On the M&Ms, some of them said "What 40?" "4 Real" and on the other side was his picture. . . yes, you read that right. . . his picture. Sorry I don't have pictures of that and I don't have any left. . . well, the boys ate them, right?
Monday we headed home and 7 1/2 hours in the car with 3 boys, 1 of which hates his car seat . . . well, I can't say that was the funnest experience. We almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere outside of Tulsa. God had to extend our gas. . . no, He HAD TO HAVE!! We were a couple of miles from the gas station and the steering wheel started locking up. We were OUT! But, we made it to the gas station and filled up. It's a funny story actually, but I'll save that for later.
We went through Wichita Falls and decided we would stop and see The Falls. . . not a good idea. It was just frustrating and we didn't get to see them. We didn't know you had to walk .43 miles down to them and Aaron wasn't up for that.
So, I guess that was our summer vacation this year. I had planned on blogging about all the other things going on, but I'll save that for another day. I think this post is long enough. Thanks for reading. . . if you've made it this far!


4 comments:
Wow that was quite a weekend, I am so sad for Payton! Jaxon looks sooo cute. Pictures on M & M's Joel got ripped off for his bday!
what a trip!
that drive is long.
It sounds like the trip was mixed with fun and disappointment.
Our summar vacation was like that too (we stayed at home and my family came)
it had a lot of fun times, and a few rough ones.
I hope you enjoyed it overall!
I made it to the end.
Those M&M's sound awesome!
His picture...really?
You people are sooo into sports! Wow! I would feel sorry for you, but I'm thinking you like that stuff just as much as the rest of your family. Maybe Jaxon will turn out normal, and he can join our family for "normal" vacations.
...and by normal, I mean visiting every historical site and shopping mall in america.
Post a Comment