I have had 2 things in the last few days that have overwhelmed me with how much God loves me and how good He is. First, I'll share what happened yesterday:
We got home and I thought Jaxon was better. . . let me just say that I've slept about 12 hours in the last 4 days. Aaron's out of town, which doesn't make things any better. Anyway, Monday morning at 6:15, I texted Aaron and told him to get out of bed and pray for Jaxon because I was at the point I couldn't take it anymore. I had been up since 2 am with him. He wasn't breathing very good and his nose was all nasty green. Within a few minutes, I felt a peace and all was ok, although Jaxon didn't seem different.
I went ahead and went to my meetings at the church and left Jaxon with Katianne. I needed a break, even if it was just 10 minutes. I told her that she could call me at any point and I would come home. I called about 20 minutes after I left and she said he was running around playing.
Anyway, at my meeting I was telling Brandon & Ira that this just had to stop. It was ridiculous and I had had enough. They prayed for me and Brandon said he saw God's mouth on mine breathing life into me. I literally felt it in my stomach.
Ira had prayed for Jaxon the day before and he said he knew it didn't break, but he didn't feel like he had the authority over it which was weird. He said he felt like it had to be someone like Aaron's grandpa or dad to pray for it to be broken. I told him that the asthma runs on my side of the family. He said, "Then, it's your dad that needs to pray to break this thing."
That breath of God's air was replaced with the largest knot I've ever felt in my stomach. I just looked at Ira and said, "Do you know what that means? Do you know what that will require?"
I just sat there trying to figure out how that was going to go down. They continued to pray for me and I did start to feel refreshed.
Next meeting, we were just sitting around talking and I realized that my dad was at home on his lunch break. I worked myself into a frenzy and the room started spinning. I really thought I was going to pass out just from the thought of calling my dad and asking him to pray for Jaxon. Finally, I just grabbed my phone and went to my office. Here's how the conversation went:
Dad: Hello.
Me: Hey, what's going on at your house today?
Dad: Oh nothing. Just eating lunch. How is the weather down there?
Me: Ridiculously hot for December.
Dad: Well, it's not that hot up here, but it's not snowing anymore. (pause)
Me: Dad, I'm calling because Jaxon's not doing very good. He is having a hard time breathing
and I'm giving treatments, but they don't work for long. I was praying this morning and I felt
like I was supposed to call you and ask you to pray for him to be healed. (at this point, I literally felt like I was going to throw up -- lucky for me, I didn't)
Dad: Ok, I can do that.
Me: Well, you know we stayed at Sally's (my sister's house) and she has all of those deer heads on the wall and the cat and the dog and I don't know if that triggered it or what, but we thought a couple of times on the way home we were going to have to take him to the hospital. We got home and he was fine, but he's not sleeping. I don't know what the heck is going on. I think he was probably allergic to something in her house.
Dad: Well, you know those pet allergens have to leave too.
Me: Yeah, you're right. Anyway, I need to get back in my meeting, but I just wanted to call and ask you to pray for him.
Dad: Ok, I'll do it.
Me: Thanks dad.
Dad: You're welcome. Bye.
OH MY GOODNESS!! For those of you who don't know, my dad has been mad at God for the last almost 11 years for not healing his leg from an accident at work. He left the church and hasn't been back. We don't talk about church or God or children's ministry or anything 'God-related'.
When I went back into the meeting, I shared with everyone what happened. Brandon & Ira were shocked that I called him so soon. I was too, but I just decided that the longer I waited, the more time I had to talk myself out of it. And, if this was the thing that was going to heal Jaxon, I was willing to do it.
Everyone prayed over me. I started shaking and crying. I wasn't crying because I was sad. I was crying because I was totally overwhelmed at how good God is. He will use my dad who has been mad at him all of these years to pray a prayer for my son to receive his healing.
Words came forth about how that phone call broke generational curses. How my dad had a small flicker of a flame, but by me calling him and asking him to pray, it ignited his heart and the flame started blazing. How walls were tore down between me and my dad. There were more and they were all right on. I kept shaking for a while and then I had this great peace.
Last night was still rough. I got to sleep between 2:30 & 5 am. Then I was up because he had started throwing up. I've been going all day. My house is a wreck and I can't seem to focus on a project. All of my organizing projects seem to be half way done or thrown out the window. But, really. . . I just don't care. I called my dad and asked him to pray for Jaxon's healing and he said yes. . . nothing else seems to matter.
I have another amazing thing that happened today, but I'll share that later. Just leave this post knowing that God is good.
3 comments:
wow! That is so awesome. God is so good and jaxon is free from all sickness.
Its so amazing how GOD can and will use a small child to break things in the spiritual world.
Can't wait to hear more about your dad and what GOD is doing in him.
AMEN Praise GOD.
WOW God is GOOD...
Post a Comment