This week, I just decided to take the plunge. Since Katianne moved out, everything in our house is different -- different rooms, different places for things, etc. So, I decided it was time for Jaxon's bottle to go bye-bye.
Monday (1/5/09 for scrapbooking purposes), I told Katianne to just offer him his cup and see what he does. He went all day without it!! YAY!! He's been without it ever since!! He hasn't cried for his bottle one time! Now, if he sees it, he wants it until you give him the cup. I'm so glad!! Now, he is actually interested in eating food instead of relying on that bottle!! YAY!
Tuesday night, Jaxon got up in the middle of the night and I rocked him back to sleep. But, once I laid him down, he woke up.
We decided that now was the time for him to learn how to go back to sleep on his own at night. He goes to sleep on his own during his naps and when it's time for bed without a fuss, but in the middle of the night, he was waking up 2 sometimes 3 times a night! That's too many times for a 14 month old -- and for this mommy!
So, Wednesday night, we put him to bed and I just told him that I would see him in the morning. He got up just as he always has -- 1 am -- but I just let him cry it out. It probably only took about 15 minutes of him crying off and on, then he was OUT! Again, 4 am -- as always -- I heard him cry, but this time it was only for a few minutes and he was back asleep. He slept until 8 am!!
Last night, I put him to bed and told him that I would see him in the morning. HE SLEPT ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I would have heard him if he had gotten up, but I didn't hear a peep!!
So, today I had to decided on whether I should go buy one more can of formula to switch him to milk. I decided that since it was such a big can, we would just use what we had left and then do the switch. I've tried before and it really upset his stomach. He's had straight milk this evening, so we'll see what happens!!
I do have to admit that I'm a little sad. . . no more bottles? No more getting up in the middle of the night (when he's well, that is) to just rock him? Gosh. . . my baby's just growing up! I do like the sleeping all night, though! ;)
And. . . thanks to my awesome friend, Francesca, I got a Wii Fit last night!! Oh my gosh! I think I could work out on that thing for 8 hours straight!! Gosh! I love it. . . all except the weighing in and the wii fit age thing. . . but I'm killer at Hula Hooping!! ;)
5 comments:
Very good news!
I love this post - since we don't have little ones any more it is so easy to forget all that goes on with them. It sure brought back lots of memories of when my babies were little. I guess I'm kind missing those days - but I am excited that I'm getting a new granddaughter in March, so maybe I will get to relive the night rocking thing a time or two.
And, I have heard the wii fit is awesome - I am believing that I will be able to get one this year. Of course it will have to be a miracle, since my sweet husband thinks those things are not a necessity. So believe with me, please.
Yay for sleep! I am excited about the day when Eliana starts sleeping through the night, but I agree it will be bittersweet. There is something about those sweet moments in the middle of the night!!
HOLY COW BATMAN, THAT IS SO AWESOME.
GO JAXON..
YAY! I'm so glad that Jaxon is growing up and sleeping all night. At least, for you. I know that he will transition well to milk, too.
Post a Comment