Saturday, October 31, 2009

Seasons

Last week, I was asked what season of life I'm in right now. Hmmm. . . pretty open ended question. My answer is that I'm in a season of my life of having to get organized. Sounds funny coming from me because I do mostly pride myself on being over-the-top organized. But, I'm getting Backpacks organized and children's church organized and ready to move into our new classrooms. . . . but I feel like this is a bigger season than just getting organized.

I'm learning how to trust people -- sometimes more than I trust myself.
I'm learning how to delegate.
I'm learning how to work as the leader of a team and be a member of the team.
I'm learning how to be honest.
I'm learning how to be relational.
I'm learning how to speak the truth in love.
I'm learning what are good things vs. God things in my life.
I'm learning that things aren't always as easy as they seem.
I'm learning how to say, "No."
I'm learning how to trust God.
I'm learning how to be me . . . what the heck does that look like again?
I'm learning how to serve, but not strive.
I'm learning how to put performance and position and title behind me.
I'm learning that people do care for me more than I realize.

Yes, it is an interesting season. . . not of just getting organized. . . and I'm not sure I'm liking it just yet.

2 comments:

trish said...

I really love you and appreciate where and who you are.

Unknown said...

wow download overload......Made me stop and think about a lot of things.