Thursday, April 15, 2010

Payton's First Song

My sister emailed this to me the other day. I had completely forgotten about it! But now that I see it, I remember it like it was yesterday!! Payton was 4 years old when he wrote his first song:

(singing) There once was a cowboy who shot a buffalo
(talking) You know who it was? It was me.

(singing) There was a bucking bull chasing the cowboy.
(talking) You know what happened to him? I shot him.

(singing) There was a giraffe who was running along.
(talking) You know what happened to him? I shot him.

(singing) There was an alligator chasing after me.
(talking) You know what happened to him? I shot him because he was trying to bite me.

(singing) One more animal. There was a llama chasing after me.
(talking) You know what happened to him? I shot him because llamas spit.

He sang it kind of like a blues song. He would play his guitar during the first line and then he would stop his guitar and speak the second line. Tonight, we had a good laugh about it. The key phrase of the night was "I shot him" in this deep voice. Even when Payton was little, he had such a low voice!!

He's growing up so fast!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow how funny. Perhaps he will be another Elliott and write songs.