First, I took Jaxon to Target. He has had his eye on this Batman castle thing for a long time! But, it was $50 and Jaxon never has that kind of money. But, last Wednesday he did!! We arrived at Target, I told Jaxon that he could buy whatever he wanted. He said, "WHATEVER I WANT?!?!" It was too cute! Jaxon was skipping through the aisles and he knew right where he was going. When we got to the toy section, he walked down the Lego aisle and I expected him to pick out at least a Lego set or two. But he didn't. He went right to the Batman Castle and said, "I want that." There was also a ninja castle right below the Batman one. Both of the castles were on sale, so Jaxon had enough money! He tried to buy a few other things, but we had a budget lesson and he decided on the castles. :) I let him carry his $100 bill from electronics to the cash register. He was skipping and dancing and swinging his money around. I got a few funny looks from women passing by.
We got to the register and because both things were on sale, Jaxon's total was $100.10. I did not have ANY cash in my wallet, so I had to put the other 10 cents on my debit card. But, Jaxon was super excited!!
We took Payton & Evan shopping after school. Payton wanted to go to Academy. He has had his eye on this Nokoma baseball glove for over a year. The price? $189.00. He wanted it last year and we told him that we weren't going to buy it for him. But, that's the one and only thing he wanted to buy. He was done! :)
Evan was super excited about shopping! Of course, he was stuck in the Lego aisle!! He bought one of every Lego Batman he could buy! There is 1 more Joker castle thing that I think I'm going to buy for him because Target didn't have it. He bought some Beyblades and we were done! When he was putting things in the cart, I kind of lost track of his money, so when we got to the registers, he had gone over $20 so I made him put one Lego set back. I'm not sure that was the right decision (after all, we were going after desires), but that's what we did and he was fine with that.
Payton has bought a new bat and that's about it. Payton has been interesting to watch. He was pretty humble last week. I think he was shocked. Aaron asked him if he felt loved and normally he would have just been so annoyed that we even asked. That night, he said, "Yes," and left it at that. I think he was shocked.
That was one of the funnest days of my life.
1 comment:
LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment