Yesterday, I took Payton to his school orientation. We first went to hear the principal talk to us about some changes and some other "parent info". Then, it was time to go to his room and meet with the teacher. There are 18 kids in his class and it was a very small room for 18 kids and at least one parent with each child. However, we got his school supplies put away in his cubbie and it was time for Payton to find his spot.
The teacher pointed him to his chair -- between 2 girls!! His worst nightmare! When we went to visit his class in February, he said he would go to school, but he wasn't sitting by any girls. Boy, was he wrong!! Not only is there a girl on each side, but there's a girl across the table from him!! He's surrounded!! No matter how much we try to explain why his teacher did that, it's just not good enough. He's not going to school.
While we were there, he had his cowboy clothes on with his hat and everyone was commenting on his hat and vest. I laughed and said, "I just have to figure out how to get it off of him by Monday." They just laughed. Guess they don't understand how his hat is a necessity EVERY SINGLE DAY and EVERYWHERE WE GO!! I'm sure he'll understand (at least I have my fingers crossed!)
While we were in the room, the teacher had given the kids a little cup with a few snacks in it. Payton ate all of his snacks and kept looking at me like "Come on. Let's get out of here quick!"
I am praying that Monday morning will be an easy adjustment for all of us. For me, I have to get up early and make some kind of lunch to send with him. It's Aaron's job to get him to school on time (but I'm going on Monday). Evan will have to find stuff to play by himself. We will probably get some shopping done because Evan loves to shop, but Payton hates it.
The biggest change for us will be that my "baby" has grown up. I don't know where the last 5 years have gone and I'm sure the next 13 will go by just as fast and he'll be graduating from high school.
My, how time flies . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment