So, it's been over a week since I've updated, so I thought I would do it this morning while Evan is still asleep and Payton is at school. We have adjusted to the whole school schedule thing fairly well so far. We've been going to bed earlier -- at least the boys have. Seems like I like to sit on the couch and watch tv after they have gone to bed. I'm getting used to the quiet around here. Evan and I still have our days where we don't really know what to do without Payton here, but we're getting along just fine. But, I'm telling you, at 5 pm when we know that Aaron and Payton are going to be home any minute, we can't help but sit by the window and watch for them.
In Payton's class, if they have been good, they get a bee stamp at the end of the day and a "happy vitamin" (a Skittle) before they go home. Evan has been checking Payton's folder on a daily basis with me to see if he got his bee stamp. Last night, Evan said, "Bubba, let me see your folder. Bubba get bee stamp?" I said, "Yeah, he got a bee stamp." Evan said, "Yay for Bubba! Good job, Bubba! You got a bee stamp!" Evan threw his hands up in the air and dropped the folder. Payton said, "I know, Evan. Don't drop my folder!"
Payton is really enjoying school. Last night I was tucking them in bed and I asked him if he knew his memory verse for "i" and he said, "I. . If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:14". In just a few weeks, he's going to be graded on these memory verses for the letters "i" and "e". He's also going to be tested on the Lord's Prayer. I saw that on the sheet and I thought, "How am I going to get him to learn that?" So, last night I asked him if he knew the Lord's Prayer. He said, "Which one is that?" I told him that it started with "Our Father. . . " He finished it right up!! He knew the whole thing!!! I even said, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." He said, "No, you say 'debtors' two times. Like this: Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. Yeah, that's how it goes."
Yesterday, I took Evan to the church office and thought I would just get a few things done and get out of there because I was sure that he wasn't up for staying there all day. Boy, was I wrong!! I went in and set my office up. He sat at Jim's desk and drew some tunnels for me on some paper. Then, he wanted to "help" me make copies. He helped me clean up the sanctuary and get it ready for Sunday night. He helped me carry the guitars to Ira's office and he picked up trash. He did watch a little Barney & Bob the Builder every once in a while. At one point, I almost forgot he was there!! He made it until about 3:30 and he was ready to go. It worked out great, because I was ready to go, too!! :)
Evan and I are heading out this morning to go shopping for children's church on Sunday. He loves to help me find stuff for children's church!!
I'm going to close for now. I know this isn't really all that exciting, but my arm is hurting. Please pray for healing for it. I was trying to move these big black "curtain" things and one fell over on my arm. Everyone else was at lunch, so I had a hard time getting it off of my arm by myself. My arm has a knot there and is a little swollen. It doesn't hurt most of the time, but sometimes it makes my whole arm tingle and throb at the same time. It's just one of those "annoying hurts" and it's on my right arm, so when it's hurting, it really hurts to write or do anything. I am healed.
No comments:
Post a Comment