Monday, September 25, 2006

Please don't ask . . .

So, we've sold our house and are closing on October 9th at 3 pm. No, I don't know where we're moving to and I really had a peace until everyone started asking questions -- Where are you moving? Have you found a house? Have you looked at houses? Why haven't you looked at houses? Do you realize that's only 2 weeks away?

Then, there's "the look" -- the look of "your-crazy-for-doing-what-you're-doing". I always tell people that I am believing that God is going to give me a house -- just give it to me. Then, I get the look that "oh-ok - now-I-really-think-you're-crazy".

I've been so afraid that I've totally missed God on this whole thing and my family is going to have to pay for me missing it. I can't even explain the thoughts and feelings I'm fighting every day (and night) about this. I've been so calm through the whole thing until just this weekend. I was around a bunch of people all of who love me very much, but I always got the same "look".

Someone asked me where we were moving and they were trying to be supportive, but I got "the look" and the head nod. I said, "I'm just believing God's going to give me a house." This person shook their head and said, "I believe that, too." It wasn't very convincing.

I know it sounds crazy and it sounds crazy to me, too. I just don't think God would have sold my house to leave me homeless. I mean, it wasn't supposed to appraise -- nobody thought it would besides Aaron and I. All we knew was that God said $98K and that's what we listed it for. The broker didn't think it would appraise and really, neither did our realtor. But, it did. God came through on what He said. So, why am I doubting now?

This morning Aaron called and told me to call someone (a specific someone) and tell them that we were going to pay their rent this month. We were going to sow some seed where we have a need. I was so excited to call this person and give them the good news -- I had to leave a message. She called back and said it had taken her so long to call back because she had been crying and laughing about it. I cannot tell you how excited I was to give that to her.

We are going to look at houses tomorrow and I'm believing God is going to do something miraculous. Last night at Encounter, I was praying and I just told God that I HAD to know He was still with me in all of this. I needed SOMETHING to let me know He was the one protecting me and my family and that he wouldn't let us be homeless. =)

Then, after the service, someone came up to me and gave me some money. They said, "This is for you." I was so excited!! I got to the car and counted it and it was $110. I'm not sure why $110, but I like to think that that is how much the house that God is going to give me will cost. Aaron seems to think that it doesn't mean anything and God just blessed me to let me know He's still here and He's still on the throne.

The thing about this move is that I want to stay there for a really long time. I'm so tired of moving from one place to the next. I just want to get somewhere and stay for a while. I'm really excited about moving to C-America. I know that God is moving us there to use us more than we could hope or imagine. And, I am excited about that!!

So, I know the title of this post is a little rude. Please don't take it that way. Just believe with me that God is going to do something to where only He can get the glory for it. Pray that we can hear the voice of God so clearly on what to do next. And, don't give me "the look" or "the nod"!! =)

No comments: