I'm back at a computer and anxious to blog about our weekend!! We had such a great time!! We got to Dallas before rush hour (very important to us). I got a phone call just blocks from my friend's house to tell me that she is engaged!! We missed seeing her by just a few minutes, but it was too crazy to turn around and try to find out where she was.
Anyway, we went to Joann's to look for some Dallas Cowboys fabric. They had some, but not what I wanted. So, we went down the little strip mall to a few stores. Then, I took Sally to IKEA and we walked around, but I don't think she was as impressed as I was!
Saturday morning, we got up and headed to Canton. We walked from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm without stopping. Let me tell you, by the end of the day, my legs didn't want to move!! We saw close to the whole thing this year. We thought we did that last year, but we found out that we were wrong last year!! I bought some wrapping paper and some tulle. I also bought a zebra print diaper bag. I also found the "ribbon guy" that was there last year, although I didn't buy as much ribbon this year. It was crowded, but not too bad. It was hot, but not scorching. We had a $5 corn dog for lunch with our $2 bottle of water!! My sister hit the jackpot on a few things, but most of the things there are more her style.
We hit the outlet mall on the way back to Dallas and I bought Jaxon a few outfits at Osh Kosh for $3.99 & Gap for $2.99. I was going to take Sally to Sam Moon, but it was already closed. We went to the scrapbook store, but I walked out without buying a single thing (I know, shocking!!). We went BACK to IKEA so my sister could get some blinds and I bought Jaxon a dresser. We ate dinner at Chili's, which tasted so good after our busy day. We totally ran out of money, so we decided to head back on Sunday.
This morning, we got up and Sally wanted to go to the Bass Pro Shop before we headed out of town. We decided that it would be a shorter drive for her if we just went to Wheeler and I could meet up with the guys and head home on Monday. We stopped at a junk store -- well, antique store -- on the way home and Sally was almost in heaven! Me, not so much. So, after 6 hours of being in the car, I'm in Wheeler with the boys. We decided that we will be going again next year and save up some money this time . . . well, we said that last year, too. Oh well! It was a blast!!!
Please pray for this: My hands and fingers are swollen. Even my toes are swollen. I know those are "normal pregnancy symptoms" but they are annoying. It hurts to bend my fingers. Even my watch isn't fitting right now.
6 comments:
I'm glad you had such a great time and found so much stuff.
I'm so excited to see your stuff! Especially since you're so generous to share with me!!! :)
Hey, no swelling in Jesus' name! You will not be bothered by that again!
I'm glad you're back! It sounds like your money went a long way!
I wish I had a sister.
I got you a HUGE roll of zebra paper!! Bigger than the one I bought last year!! YAY for zebra paper!! Hey, you should go with us next year! Of course, we don't know when we're going, but you should come! I'll be your sister!!!
I am in next year- just give me a head's up so I can plan. It sounds great! And come by for a boold pressure check and lay of the salt.
You're sweet to me Rachel!
no swelling! i speak a supernatural pregnancy in jesus' name!
Post a Comment