Friday, October 19, 2007

The story behind the wall

I met this lady online on a scrapbooking board named Amanda. I was asking if anyone had some textured football paper. She did and through various e-mails, she asked me what I was going to do with it. I told her about my plans for Jaxon's room and the football field. She e-mailed back and said she had done a football field on her son's wall in the University of Alabama. I asked for help and she did that!! Her field looks AMAZING!!!

Anyway, we "talked" several times over e-mails about the room and how it was coming along. This week, she posted this post on the scrapbooking bulletin board:

First the not so good part: Friday I was told I probably had a brain tumor!

I was very scared. I am only 26 and have two children 3 and 1 year. This can't be happening to me.

So, today I went in for more testing.

We didn't tell but just my mom, my two BFFs, and my neighbor. Sunday in night church we had a missionary speak on how as Christians we say we believe in miracles but do we act like it? Do we believe that if we pray for someone they can be healed? At this point I was called out of service because Drew was crying in nursery. So when I came back in after the service was over Scott and my mom met me at the door to tell me I was healed.

Disclaimer: as a Christian I do believe in healing but I have always been weary of those preachers you see on t.v. that "heal" people on the spot. Now this guy dosen't speak to people before the service because he doesn't want to be accused of being a hoax. Someone who can talk to you, read your body language and then "heal" you. Please keep this in mind.

Back to the novel: So I thought they meant, yeah we got to believe I'm healed. Yadda, yadda, ya. But no. During the sermon he stopped and looked around the room. Then said there is a young mother here who has a brain tumor. She hasn't told many people but I am asking all of you to stop this service and pray with me that she will be healed. God has great and mighty things for her and she can't do them if she has this tumor. Although it is begining it still needs to be gone! So everyone, including my pastor whom we haven't told yet, is looking around trying to figure out who it is. They pray and go back to the sermon. At the end, he would call people out and say like sir in the yellow shirt, you have leukemia and you don't believe you will ever be healed from it. God just wants you to believe. Things like that. So I was the only one he didn't specifically call out, because I wasn't in there. After the sermon my mom told my pastor what was going on so they went and got me. As soon as I walked up to him he knew I was the one. He told me the same stuff he told everyone else and then a bunch of people gathered around and prayed for me.

Today, the doctor couldn't find the same stuff the first doctor did. They are redoing new bloodwork and I get another MRI Wed. But I know I was healed last night.

Please, do not think I am hookie or weird or anything. I don't go to a church where we play with snakes or anything. I go to a normal church where a wonderful Man of God came and REALLY did heal me through the grace of an everloving God.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I wanted to share my news. I've heard of people saying they were healed but I've never actually "known" it to happen to someone I personally know or love. By the grace of God I will watch my children grow up. Thank you for reading this! I love you girls just like my own IRL BF (in real life best friends) and just wanted to share!

I am so excited for her. (The stuff in the parenthasis (sp?) is translation for the lingo we use on the board.) On this board, you do kind of develop relationships with women that you don't really know. There are a few on there that I talk to almost daily, but you never really know what they believe or much of anything else. Plus, it's a PUBLIC forum. She could have seriously taken some flack just for posting that!! But, the ladies on there really encouraged her -- testimonies about how they had been healed of something or how they knew of someone who had been healed. It was nice to see all these ladies who you "know" but you really "don't know" confess their beliefs and it just makes the board more neat, in my opinion. I was able to share with her the testimony of my brother and how God healed him from a brain tumor, too. The thread had been locked this morning because someone posted a comment about how could someone NOT believe in healing and another lady got offended, so the moderators locked the thread (nobody else can post on it).

The cool thing is that I can't help but think about her story every time I look at that football field. I think it has greater meaning for me than just another testimony. I'm not sure if healing will be "Jaxon's thing" or what it exactly means, but I cannot tell you how excited I am for this woman.

The coolest thing is that the same day or the next day, another lady posted this testimony:

grin Praise GOD! mischief

Sorry if you don't believe, but my son is living proof of miracles and God's healing powers! We just got home from our 10 hour adventure to Childrens Hospital in Seattle to have Garretts follow up CT Scan and Neurosurgery appt.

PRAISE GOD! Our baby is healed!! No kidding, I was speechless when the neurologist said "I don't know how else to tell you this, but you don't need to come back here! Garrett's fluid levels are normal and his head is growing at a normal rate." I cried I was so happy...and of course secretly SHOUTING inside "Thank you LORD for your healing and answered prayers!!!"

This lady's son had excessive fluid on his brain and even had to wear one of those helmet things to keep his head from swelling. Again, ladies posted with encouragement and testimonies. I just love it!! Of course, one lady had to post, "I don't pray, but you will be in my thoughts today." Everyone else was just amazing with testimonies and excitement for this miracle.

Anyway, I just had to share how God is using a public scrapbooking forum to shine!!

2 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

That is so encouraging to me today. I'm so tahnkful that our God is a healer.

I went to sleep last night praying that the day of Miles' healing would come quickly.

Anonymous said...

our God reigns! that is really awesome. so encouraging!