Sunday, March 16, 2008

NYC - part 1

We are in NYC and having a blast!! Our flights went good with only one mishap at DFW, but only delayed us about 30 minutes. This is all so surreal. It all looks fake. Today we saw Times Square, Broadway, the WOrld Trade Center, Wall Street, the NY Stock Exchange, Rockefeller Center, NBC STudios, Brooklyn Bridge, and the subway. Subway was an interesting experience. WHen we arrived in NYC, my camera battery was dead. We found a shop down from our hotel that sold those batteries and we bought one -- for $20!!

WE're waiting on the subway and as I'm taking off my gloves, my camera drops to the ground, and my battery fell down in the subway tracks! So, there went my camera. SO, I have no pictures of the WTC, Wall Street & NY Stock Exchange. . actually we did get some with Aaron's camera, but I was frustrated!!

We've had an walking filled day today and I'm exhausted! My feet are kind of throbbing. WE've found this internet cafe thing just up the street from our hotel, so I"ll be checking in again, I'm sure.

7 comments:

trish said...

it is overwhelming huh? We are in Santa Fe- I freaking love it here.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you're having a good time-sorry about the camera thing! It'll work out!

Brandi Wilson said...

I'm so excited that you're there!

ENJOY!!!!!

MONICA said...

Keep posting, I need pics!!! I am vicariously feeling the heat of the city!! So Exciting!!

Hey can you or Aaron get me a pic of that Big Bull on Wall Street for Doug, better yet..Rach, you can make him a customized bday card with it...his 40th is in 2 weeks. okay, bye now.

Unknown said...

WOW, JUST READING ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE IN ONE DAY MADE ME EXHAUSTED. LOL...........HAVE FUN. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES.

God's Warrior Bride said...

I'm JEALOUS - JEALOUS - JEALOUS!!
I know you guys are having a fabulous time. Send pics!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys are there, sorry as well on the camera thing, that sicks but it will be fine...

Post more soon.