
This sweet, adorable, loveable, pinchable, squeezable little guy needs to be healed. This picture is from a few weeks ago. . . seems like the last time he did that -- SLEEP that is. Last week, he was wheezing and coughing until he threw up. He would wake up in the middle of the night and cough until he threw up. Then, he was hungry, so I fed him. He would start coughing and it would all come back up.
On Saturday I took him to the doctor and she gave him an oral steroid to help with the wheezing and amoxicilin because he had the start of a double ear infection. The thing is that he still isn't sleeping. Last night he got up at 12, 1, 2, 3, 5, & 7. Aaron did get up with him at 3, but this is wearing me out.
The medicine could be what is keeping him awake, but it's not like I can just stop giving it to him.
I seem to be functioning fine, but I feel very checked out. I'm definitely on auto-pilot. I drove to Aaron's warehouse this morning and the last thing I remember is leaving the First Baptist Church (kids went to VBS). I didn't remember driving to Abilene. I'm just exhausted, but almost so tired that I can't sleep. Make sense?
The other night after being thrown up on for about the 5th time, I started singing that song, "I went to the enemy's camp and I took back what he stole from me." The Lord showed me a picture of me throwing back the asthma, eczema, & allergies. So, then I started singing "I went to the enemy's camp and I threw back what he gave to me." Today I'm still singing.
The good news is that he doesn't sound so "wheezy" and I've started spacing his breathing treatments out a little more. Just 2 more days on the steroid. I think that's a good thing! Another good thing is that the eczema is looking MUCH MUCH better!! Even the spot in his neck that just wouldn't budge is just a little pink, but not red and irritated like it has been!!
3 comments:
Adalee went through a very long phase of throwing up in the middle of the night. It wasn't connected with asthma but it was AWFUL!! I pray for complete healing for Jaxon, and peace for you.
Jaxon is completely healed. Why wouldn't the enemy want to try everything in his power to slow down the next President of the United States-or Texas, as Cole believes we're about to cede (sp?) from the Union. But, the enemy's power is nothing compared to my God's! Jaxon-you are healed because my God is able and willing to heal you! Amen!
Rachel. I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time with Jaxon. I love that boy so much! I don't want him to suffer one more day.
I love you both very much!
Post a Comment