So, I went to see Dr. A this morning. Nothing more than my yearly stuff. Linda calls me back and takes my blood pressure. All is fine. Then she tells me to step on the scale. I was almost as scared as I was when I was 9 months pregnant! So, up I go and I watch her slide that little thing across. . . and across. . . and across!! When it finally stopped, I about fell off of the scale!! WHAT?!?!?!
Now, last week I had to go buy new clothes. All my summer clothes were maternity clothes from last year and I was tired of wearing maternity shirts and I couldn't even FIT into my maternity capris!! So I had to go shopping. . . have I ever said how much I HATE clothes shopping?!? But, I made it through. I did have to buy the largest size I've EVER bought -- EVER. But, I was ok . . . well, ok enough because I HAD to have clothes and there wasn't even anything I could do overnight that would change my body. So I just decided that size didn't matter and I wasn't going to be depressed about it.
Not today!!
Seeing her write that number down on that page. . . what in the world? I have gained 14 pounds since my 6 week post-partum appointment!! 14 pounds in 5 months!! What the heck? I just wanted to cry! Really? At that moment, I was almost hoping that I was pregnant, so at least I could blame it on that! But, I wasn't. Right now I weigh what I did when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant!!
There was a few weeks where I was walking 2 to 2.5 miles a night and I wasn't noticing any change. So, I stopped. So stinkin' frustrating. I didn't think I was doing that bad. . sure, I've had one too many cokes I'm sure over the last few weeks. . . but 14 pounds worth? Don't think so.
Then, I stop by Cherith's to borrow her Slim in 6 DVD and Chassity is there. . . yes, skinny model Chassity. I tell her what I'm looking for and she says, "Oh I have been looking for someone to work out with!! Maybe we could work out together! That would be perfect!" Out of my mouth came "Possibly" when in my head I was thinking "Absolutely not! Why in the world would I want to work out with you? Why in the world do you really need to workout anyway? There's no way I'm going to allow you to see me fumble through a workout video!"
Now, don't tell me "oh you just had a baby". . . I had a baby 6 1/2 months ago and I weigh almost what I did when I had him! It's just plain disgusting.
So, I'm going to do something. . not sure what yet. For starters, I'm giving up sweets -- not drinking cokes or sweet tea (can you kill me now?). And, if you see me grab for one of those, will you just slap me?
GOOD NEWS FLASH: I am getting a new scrapbook room. . . I'll have to post about that later.
4 comments:
OMG you are talking directly to me - it seems no matter what I do I just keep gaining and gaining weight! I am so disappointed in me. I am to the point where I eat one meal a day and 1 coke a day and I still gain - what's up with that? I have been considering joining the gym, but I don't know when I would have time to use it! Hang in there and know you are not alone! If you come up with a plan please share it with me.
OK IM RIGHT IN THERE WITH YOU GIRL.
I WANTED TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR MY WEDDING BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPPEN.
I ACTUALLY STARTED GAINING WHILE NOT EATING. GO FIGURE.
WHEN I TALKED TO THE DR ABOUT IT HE SAID THAT I HAVE TO START EATING AGAIN. JAMES ALSO SAID THE SAME THING. THAT MY BODY WAS SHUTTING DOWN BECAUSE I WAS STARVING IT. ONLY EATING ONCE A DAY WAS JUST NOT WORKING FOR ME.
I HAVE STARTED WEIGHT WATCHERS
ON-LINE AND IM LEARNING TO EAT HEALTHY AND IM FEELING SO MUCH BETTER.
I HAVE ONLY LOST 5 POUNDS AS OF NOW. BUT I HALF LOST 1 INCH ALREADY IN MY WAIST.
BUT I HAD BEEN ON VACATION FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS AND DIDN'T GAIN ANYTHING WHILE TRAVELING SO THAT IS A HUGE PLUS.
NOW THAT I AM HYOME I CAN GET BACK ON TRACK AND START LOSING AGAIN. IT HAS BEEN A GOD SENT FOR ME.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A LITTLE INFO ON IT YOU CAN GOOGLE WEIGHT WATCHERS AND CHECK INTO IT. I DON'T GO TO THE MEETINGS THEY HAVE WEEKLY. I JUST DO THE ON-LINE THING. IVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM BEING ON IT. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. CHECK IT OUT. IT MIGHT BE FOR YOU. I LIKE IT BECAUSE WAL-MART CARRIES A BUNCH OF WEIGHT WATCHERS FOODS SO IT MAKES IT SO EASY FOR ME TO KEEP TRACK OF MY POINTS.
you can do it, rachel! next time cole and i come over-we'll bring health foods and fat free dessert! enjoy slim n' six. i hope it works great for you!
No Comment.
I know that's a comment, but you get my point.
Post a Comment