Yesterday Aaron called and had a break in the action at work, so he was ready to get out of town. We drove to Wichita Falls last night and stayed at the Howard Johnson hotel. I was a little leary at first, but it was really nice. They had 3 pools. One that was 12 to 18 inches deep, which was perfect for Jaxon. The second pool went to 5 feet deep, which the older boys loved. There was an outdoor pool on the 3rd floor, but we didn't use it at all.
We got up this morning and went to Castaway Cove -- a water park there. It was a lot of fun. Jaxon and I hung out in the baby pool for a little while. The water was FREEZING cold! The older boys and Aaron had fun going from ride to ride. Who knew that Evan would have no fear of ANYTHING! There was this one ride called the Cliffhanger. I rode it once with Payton and Evan and that was enough for me. Evan kept going back for more!! He even rode it by himself once. The lifeguards at the top were asking him, "Are you sure you want to ride by yourself?" Evan said, "Yes" jumping up and down. Away he went with not even a peep or a scream! The lifeguards were impressed!
Jaxon fell asleep soon after lunch, so him and I hung out in the shade for the rest of the day. After being dried off for a while, the water was so cold that he just screamed when we tried to get back in.
So, we're back and we're all a little sunburned . . some more than others. But, it really was fun to just get away for the day and do something fun.
As for an update on Jaxon, he's doing much better. He's only been waking up once a night, which is a HUGE improvement!! This morning he sounded a little raspy, but I think he'll be ok. Last week, I took one of his prescriptions into Wal-Mart to see how much it was going to cost. I knew it was going to be expensive, but I didn't know how bad it would be for sure. So, I asked the lady how much Pulmicort costs. She looks it up in her computer and says that one dose is $175/box and the other dose is $205/box!! Really . . . how are people supposed to afford that? That is enough medicine for him for a month . . . $175 PER MONTH (at least)!!! It is a preventative medicine, which is good, but still!! It's actually cheaper for me to let him start wheezing bad, take him to the dr and get the prescription for the oral steroid, which is $40 and he only has to take that for 5 days!
So, now I'm REALLY believing God is taking care of all of this. Good news is that I was able to get my hands on some samples today. That is definitely some GOOD NEWS!
3 comments:
Adalee had to take the pulmicort when she has pneumonia and I remember it was a $50 co-pay with the insurance we had at that time. It really did help her though.
If Evan needs to take the medicine on a longterm basis you could possibly get it directly from the company for a free/reduced rate. Most companies have a grant program for those without RX drug coverage. Let me know if you are interested in something like that, Kevin knows all about it. (He helps people do it with their cancer drugs all the time).
I'm glad y'all had a fun day at the waterpark. It is finally getting warm enough here to even think about swimming and stuff like that. Fortunately there are a lot of public pools here that have waterslides and the zero depth pools (where they are like a beach) so they are very accessible when its warm enough!
I'm glad your water day was fun! I know that Jaxon is going to get better and better. By the way, The Shack is awesome. Almost done!
I'll take care of ya!
Post a Comment