We are heading to Oklahoma this weekend. We're heading out on Friday evening and driving to Oklahoma City. We'll go to the OU football game on Saturday evening then drive to Tulsa on Sunday sometime. I would love to drive to Tulsa and let my kids go to "the ultimate children's ministry" on Sunday, but I'm not sure that will happen, but even if we did drive up there, I think it would really overwhelm them and they wouldn't go.
Anyway, Aaron's friend is turning 40 and we're going to his surprise birthday party on Sunday night. The invitation said "After Five Dress". . . what the heck is that? In my head I'm thinking that's fancy, but not super fancy, but I don't have a clue.
HELP!!
6 comments:
I believe it means "evening wear" and suits/ties.
I just realized I probably answered you just as vaguely as your invitation. The proverbial little black dress would fit into this category. Something like you'd wear to a broadway play or really nice restaurant.
It isn't a formal dress, just nicer than a Sunday morning dress. Ross is a GREAT place to get a nice dress for cheap! I'd love to go find one with you if you would let me! :)
I remember when Elliott had his number 1 party and the invitation said after five. Really it was just a suggestion and I think it's kind of relative anyway. The problem you can run into, though, is that you don't want to be the person on the low end of the spectrum in pants and you don't want to be the one on the high end of the spectrum in sequins, either!
Come shop at the Arrangement! I'll be there all week and we've got great sales going on this week! You can get a dress AND jewelry!
No sequins? What's a party without sequins? No, really Pam is right and Becky is way right about the cheap, nice dresses at Ross.
Post a Comment