Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Please Pray

Hallelujah Night is in 2 weeks -- 2 weeks from today actually. I am on top of it and I feel pretty in control of it all. Tomorrow I have a meeting with my team and so we'll see. Here's the thing: I have this lady on my team who is really good at getting things done, but she doesn't work the way I do. I want her to write the stuff down and hand it to me. She wants to make a phone call and then call me and tell me the result of the phone call, but not only the results from that phone call, but a million other little things (that I hate to say, but) I really don't care about. Like I said, she is AMAZING at getting things done -- talking to people, making phone calls, knowing who to call, etc. -- all those things I DON'T like doing, but it's overwhelming having her on my team . . . if that makes sense.

I have talked to her 6 times today on the phone and she's left me 3 voice mails. I talked to her 4 of those time between 10 and 12 while I was up at the church.

Just pray for me that it will all go smoothly. I'm not overwhelmed with the task of getting it done. I'm overwhelmed with all the information that goes along with it. Plus, it's nothing like waiting until the last minute for everyone to start coming out of the woodwork to do booths and help out!! Guess it's just good they're willing to help!!

Please pray for finances for this thing! People who gave last year either aren't giving or they aren't giving as much. Just cover Hallelujah Night with your prayers for the next 2 weeks -- and that includes the weather!! ;)

3 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

Will Do!

Tonight we're taking up an offering for H Night! I'll let you know soon what we get.

Anonymous said...

I beleive God will give you everything you need for H. night and for your team

Kevin said...

I will pray for your H Night.
I pray that God will bring provision for the event, and that the weather will be amazing!