So, I'm tired of seeing my wants list on my blog, so here's a new one. What's been going on with me you might have been asking? Well, let me tell you:
* I'm working on Cherith's baby calendar. It's almost finished!! 3 layouts to go and they are the funnest ones!! I'm actually working on it today. . well, I'm taking a break right now, but my goal is to give it to her tomorrow!! YAY!
* I'm working on a scrapbook for Kathy. I was very overwhelmed at first, but it's rolling right along. The kicker? It has to be done by Christmas. But, don't you worry. It's not my normal kind of scrapbooking. It's "old school scrapbooking" . . . the kind I did in high school where you take pictures and articles and awards and slap them on a page. I'm really excited about this one. I'm actually getting paid to do something I really like and it's easier than what I normally do!!
* I've stopped looking for a ring. We went ring shopping last weekend and the one I really liked was $3500 on sale for half price!! It wasn't that spectacular! It was very pretty, though. I'm just believing God is going to take care of it for me.
* I've got the paint bug. I'm wanting to do some massive painting on my house. And, thanks to My Points, looks like I'll get most of my paint for FREE!! I think I have at least a $50 gift card to Lowes or Home Depot! YAY!! I just found a website that showed painting a vanity in a bathroom. . . SOOOOO want to do that!! I'm also wanting to knock out a wall or two in my house but they are load-bearing walls. . . Gosh! Wish I had Randy's experience and knowledge of those kind of projects -- and tools, I guess.
* Jaxon turns ONE YEAR OLD NEXT SATURDAY!! That's so hard for me to believe! We're going to have his party at my grandma's house after we have Thanksgiving dinner. It's the perfect thing because everyone will already be there and I don't have to do another party.
* Katianne is still living with us. Please pray for us. We need some wisdom on a few things related to this one. It's been great. We just need to know what the next step is -- for her and for us.
* Since Hallelujah Night, I've been bored out of my mind!! I thought I was so busy before doing Hallelujah Night and then I did it and felt like it went great but it required so much time! Now that I'm not doing that, I feel like I have all the time in the world!! Guess this is the time to get back to my schedule so I can get things done. I am kind of starting my next big project -- a fundraiser event for Backpacks. More info on that later . . . much later.
* We've gone back to using envelopes for our budgeting on things like groceries. I only carry cash for when I buy groceries. I hated the idea at first, but it really made me think about what I was buying and did we really need it. We have actually saved so much money doing this!! We don't have the "luxury" things like the fruit snacks or many snack things at all, but we're surviving and we have money in our budget!!
* Speaking of food, things just haven't tasted the same since the fast. It's been weird that a hamburger doesn't sound good and we had tacos one night that just didn't cut it. I stepped on the scale the other morning and here's some good news -- I've lost 18 pounds since June when I started wanting to lose weight!! The last 5 of that was from the fast.
* Marriage life group is over and I'm trying some new things. One of Aaron's needs is to have an attractive spouse. He told me that he likes it when I dress up and wear something besides jeans and a t-shirt. So, I've been trying. I had to go shopping and now I have to actually wear those clothes, but it's working. I do need to go find some heels (gasp!) with closed toes. It's getting too cold to wear my other ones!
* Backpacks. . . what can I say? I absolutely love it!! The last few weeks we've had to do a little questionnaire with the kids asking them their favorite things and least favorite things in the backpacks. One of the questions was "What would happen if you didn't get your backpack?" Probably 95% of these kids said they wouldn't have any food in their house. The others said they would run out. I know what it's like to have my pantry almost empty where there's nothing I want to eat but I can't imagine having NOTHING to eat. I do remember those days growing up, but it's been so long that it seems so far away. Anyway, I've joined with Kimberli B and we're now doing a shoe thing to give these kids shoes if they need them. The kids were excited about the idea of getting something new. It's so exciting!!
* I've found my new motto -- Do what you love and you'll love what you do. I was telling Katianne that the other day and then I went to Hobby Lobby and there was a stamp with that on it!! I thought I had just made that up!
So, there you go. . . a new post to read and a little catch up on me and my world. I'm ready to see some other people update theirs!! ;)
6 comments:
Since we hung out Thursday I knew about 98% of that, but since it took you so long to type it all I thought I better at least type a line or two to say that I read it.
I'm glad Luke's thing is going well. I was concerned when I saw it spread out the other day!
Also, if we do make a day trip to San Angelo they have a Cheddar's there. We'll have to eat there for lunch. It won't help with the 18 pounds, but it will taste good!
Well, I didn't know any of that, so I really enjoyed reading this!
I am so proud of you and all the things that you are accomplishing! I know that you can do whatever you put your mind to!
We too are starting the envelope system again...we've got to make the money stretch as far as we can and I know that it works. BUT...I do miss the days where we could just buy any ol' snack.
OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME 18 PONDS. THAT LIKE ROCKS. THAT IS WONDERFUL AMD I CAN TEL BY LOOKING AT YOU THAT YOU HAVE LOST WEIGHT.
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JAXON IS ALREADY 1. HAPPY B-DAY LITTLE GUY.
THANKS FOR ALL THE UP-DATES.
The blog was very interesting.
I was excited to read it.
I understand the budget side of things. We are making it in a lot of ways because of Ashlee's savings.
Sounds like living, I am happy you have decided to partner with people. I am happy you are moving forward with so much in your life. I pray you will get all of the desires of your heart.
Post a Comment