Friday, November 14, 2008

Why do I have the "Wants"?

So, I've lost my wedding ring and it hasn't turned up. I'm really bummed about that. I know. . . sounds like it would be fun to shop for a new one, but it isn't. I just want my old one back and all will be fine in the world.

And, because I don't have a couple of thousand dollars laying around, doesn't look like I'll be getting a new one soon. . . unless that couple of thousand dollars lands in my lap -- I do believe that could happen!

Anyway, this whole ring thing has set off this "Wants" attitude with me. I have money to do some of these things, but I'm not sure what to do first or if I really want that thing.

So, here is a list of my wants (in no particular order):
* I want a wedding ring -- or my old one back
* I want an iphone. . . I'm sure I would use the heck out of one!
* I want my living room and kitchen painted -- fireplace, trim, & all
* I want my fireplace cleaned out.
* I want a new faucet for my kitchen sink.
* I want 2 more cabinets for my scrapbook room.
* I want some time to scrapbook -- and finish Cherith's calendar!
* I want my boys to have the bed that we've been talking about for the last 2 years.
* I want a chair for my scrapbook building -- zebra preferrably
* I want Jaxon to sleep through the night!
* I want all of my pictures on my computer printed.
* I want my kids to have new sheets for their new bed.
* I want to paint the boys bathroom -- OU maroon & white
* I want a new deck / patio.
* I want a porch on my scrapbook building.
* I want Miles healed.

I don't know what's up with me . . . I am usually so content and just fine. Maybe now that I have the list out in the open, all of this "I want" stuff will go away and I will be content again. I sure hope so!!

4 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

I don't know, but I've had the wants too!

Of course I couldn't agree more with your last Want! That shocked me and surprised me to see it on your list!

I want cash in my wallet to buy un-needed shiny stuff at the mall.
I want to pay for my Chirstmas books I've made to be printed.
I want a lot of iTune money.
I want my couch re-stained.
I want some books from amazon.com.
I want the money to get some christmas cards made and sent out.
I want to buy groceries.
I want new sheets...HIGH thread count.
I want to go on a girls night out and pay for it all myself!
And, I want to buy really awesome gifts for the kid's teachers this year instead of the cheapest thing I can find.

All that to say...I hear ya!
And, I want to find your ring for you!

Anonymous said...

the great thing about our God is that He wants us to have our wants. And unlike the ideal of Santa, God is real.

A-lauf said...

ah. you have a zebra chair. All I want is you to get what you want. :)

Lydianna Bradford said...

I'm with you.

I want new living room furniture.

I want to be able to repair/replace our broken tub downstairs.

I want to have the money to pay for new brakes.

I want to have the money for our oil system to be cleaned and transmission to be flushed.

I want about 300 dollars more to spend on gifts, decorations, and our Christmas party.

That's about it. I think 3000 would pretty much take care of it. That's not really that much, is it? I've been struggling with reconciling lack with God's plentitude. I think it's supposed to be hard to reconcile. But what do you do when it just doesn't come together?

Ugh!

I hope you do find your ring though. I lost my 3 diamond ring for about 6 mos once before it resurfaced. I totally think God just randomly brought it back because I thought I lost it in a different city.