Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Are U Ready 4 This?

I'M GOING TO CAMBODIA!!!

(Now's where you can picture me squealing like a little girl jumping up and down!)

I was talking to Trish about the trip the other night and I felt the anointing fall and I just knew I was supposed to go. I still asked people's opinions, but I was about 90% sure I was going. I talked to Aaron and he said I could go -- 95% sure now. I asked Brandon and he didn't have any objections -- 100% sure I'm going!! ;)

Last night we had our first meeting to talk about what we're going to do. Looks like we'll be building a fence -- not like our American fences either. This guy has 7 acres (I think) of land and he wants a security fence all the way around it. Now, we won't be responsible for building the whole thing, but that's what it looks like we'll be working on right now. This fence is a brick fence -- masonry work! But, that's ok with me. I'm not afraid to get dirty and I can surely learn how to do that.

There are some cultural things that I have to learn -- like you don't touch them on the head. How many kids do I touch on the head every week?! (If you've seen Grand Torino, that's in the movie.) It's just a habit! They did say that I'll probably lose 10 pounds while I'm over there -- BONUS! We are going to get to do some "touristy" things so it's not all work and no play. Right now, it's Wayne (from Fountaingate), Dr. J, Joel, Trish, & me. There's one more guy that might go. . . still waiting on the final word.

You can check out the website at Cambodian Hope Organization. Now it's time to sit back and let go of control of the details and let God work it all out.

I am so excited!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW THAT IS SO AWESOME. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT WHEN YOU GET BACK.

trish said...

I am ready for this! I am so happy you are my friend and God put us together to advance the KINGDOM OF GOD IN THE NATIONS!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you get to go. You know you can count on me for help with the kids.