January 1st Katianne moved out. She found a cute little duplex in Abilene. It isn't ideal, but it gets her on her own. I learned a lot while she was living with us. I learned how giving we are. I learned how selfish I can be. I learned that my house will fit 6 people, even though it's really cramped. Fitting 6 people in my house isn't ideal. I learned how to relate to a twenty-something girl. I learned that it takes a lot to let a 20-something girl move into my house. I learned that Katianne is human. I learned that you can give advice, but it's up to the other person to take it. Sometimes it's hard when they don't. I learned a little bit of what it will be like to parent a 20-something year old. I can wait for that day to get here. I learned what it would be like to have another girl in the house.
Since Katianne moved out, I feel like my house has doubled in size. She just took up one room, but I guess that is one room out of 3. We have been playing musical rooms this weekend. Payton got the new bed and is finally in his own room. He absolutely loves it -- and it's all clean!! He has a ton of space in his closet!!
Jaxon has moved in with Evan. Evan is actually excited about that. Evan finally gets to be the boss of someone -- those were his words. Even Evan & Jaxon have a ton of space in their closet! We threw away all of the toys except the cars, a few cowboy guns, the blocks, the train set, and the footballs. Gosh! They have so much room and surprisingly, their room is still clean!
My room now looks bare since Jaxon is out of it. But, I don't care. I would rather it look bare than him be in our room! ;) We have been cleaning and organizing and throwing stuff away all weekend!! It feels so nice!! I even found Monica's baby shower invitation!! My goodness!!
Now I'm getting ready to paint my living room, hallway, and kitchen. I scrapbooked all day on Luke's scrapbook so I can get it finished so I can have time to paint my house and really pull it together. It seems so bare -- like we just moved in! So, those are my plans for this year -- or this month at least! ;)
3 comments:
Hey, let's get these kids of ours back in school so we can spend some time together. I still haven't scrapbooked in your new room!!!
wow sounds like you are off to a wonderful new year and getting some things done around your house that you have been wanting to do.
Anf Evan gets to be the boss for a little while. That made me laugh
Wow! I can't believe how long it's been since I've been to your house. At least 3 weeks or something! I can't wait to see Payton's new bed and your "maybe" painted walls.
Post a Comment