Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are we coming or going?

Last week, I went to pick up Evan from school. There are only 2 floors, but we ride the elevator because Jaxon loves it! He thinks he's so grown up by riding it! He knows what to push and when. Anyway, we go up the elevator. Go pick up Evan and go back to the elevator. We get in and there is a man and his daughter, a woman and her daughter, and us. Here's how things went after we all get on:

Man: (to his daughter) Here, push this button. (points to #2)

Me: (wondering what he is doing)

Lady: (to me) Your kids are so cute! You can definitely tell they are brothers!

Man: (Still trying to push #2 and get it to light up.)

Me: Thanks.

(Elevator doors close, but we aren't going anywhere. I'm wondering why in the world this guy is pushing #2!! Evan's also beginning to wonder, but he doesn't say a word.)

Man: Well, I keep pushing this button and it's not lighting up. Wonder what's wrong.

Lady: Well, maybe it's broken. But, I just rode it up here two minutes ago. But, you know how elevators are.

(Doors open on the elevator and we're still on the 2nd floor. So, man pushes the close door button and the door closes again)

Man: (to his daughter) Here, honey. Let's try this one more time. Push this button (points to #2)

By this point, I'm wondering how in the world to tell this guy what is wrong without making him feel really stupid. But, I'm also thinking that if I don't tell him, we'll be on this elevator FOREVER!

Me: (acting like I just realized what the problem is) Push #1.

Man: Well, don't I feel stupid! I guess I just don't know if I'm coming or going!

Woman: Well, so do I! I'm sitting here telling you that it's probably broken! I didn't notice either!!

Elevator starts to go down and the doors open -- this time, on the first floor!! On the inside, I was laughing hysterically!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm laughing OUT LOUD!!!! That is SO funny!!!!

Brandi Wilson said...

That is so funny! I would still probably be on that dang elevator because I wouldn't want to tell the guy he was an idiot. Sheesh. :)

I'm going to miss coffee with you tomorrow!!! I hope you have a great day! Love you!!!!

Unknown said...

ok thats just funny

Becky said...

Okay, as I was reading this I just heard your voice when you told him to push the other one! This was a great laugh, thank you!