Monday, March 09, 2009

Great Honor

At the beginning of the year, Aaron had a prophetic word for me. He said that this year, I would be offered a job and he felt like it was in the backpack area. He said God wanted me to know that I would know what to do.

A few weeks after Aaron told me that, I told the entire word to Brandi because when it happened, I wanted someone to verify that Aaron had told me that before it happened. Not just one of those, "Oh, I knew that was going to happen" kind of thing.

Anyway, a few weeks later, I was at coffee at Brandi's house and I got an e-mail from the backpack lady at the food bank saying that she was leaving and she wanted me to take her job. I was floored!! No, I was honored. I kept saying that all day -- I was so honored. Honored that I've done a good job in Clyde and they want me -- they came after me.

Anyway, I went and talked to her and I'm not going to lie -- I really did want to take it. I absolutely love the backpack program and I do believe that this is the first step in my dream to see no child hungry -- not only in Clyde, but I'm going as big as to say the world. In less than one year, I would have gone from overseeing just 23 backpacks to overseeing over 500.

The hours were all day every day. . . the pay wasn't all that great for all of those hours. . . plus, I would have to put my kids in daycare . . . plus, what would I do during the summers? Then, there was children's ministry. . . I don't think I could have done both. They're both full-time jobs. I would have had to choose.

I chose not to take the job.

Then, today I get another e-mail stating that they are making the job part-time -- 20 hours a week and is flexible. She said the ball is in my court.

Gosh! I would love to do this. I love this program and I believe in it with everything in me -- they said that's why they want me. But, I have children to raise and I'm slowly learning that everything is about timing.

But, tonight I go to bed again, completely honored.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

You are honorable and worth being honored. Love you!

Brandi Wilson said...

Wow. that's incredible that they moved it down to part time!!! That's something to pray about for sure. I'm so proud of you Rachel! You do everything with all your heart. You're so valuable!

Unknown said...

ROCK ON SISTER......THAT IS SO AWESOME,,, BUT THEN AGAIN YOU ARE AWESOME.
WOW, FOR SURE SOMETHING TO PRAY ABOUT.