Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gettin' Some Ink

So, forever, I've wanted a tatoo. I'm not sure what and I don't know where. I'm not talking something big, but just something small & maybe on my foot. Aaron is absolutely against it. . . no ifs, ands, or buts. He doesn't want me to get one. So, I had this dream the other night:

I was at my parents' house and my brother was there. I was working on solving this murder mystery case of a woman named Mary. I had kind of talked about it with my brother and my mom. I was about to have a huge break in the case.

My brother had a tatoo machine right there in my parents' house, so I decided to go for it. He asked me what I wanted and I told him that I didn't know, but I wanted something small. I told him to be creative. So, I sat down in the chair and in like 5 minutes, he was finished. I didn't feel anything!! When he said he was finished, I looked down at my forearm & there on my arm. . . well, taking up about 3/4 of the inside of my whole arm, was a picture of Mary. Underneath her picture, it said, "In Loving Memory of Mary ____". I kind of FREAKED OUT! I thought I told him "something small"!!

Then, I look down on my left leg and on my shin, he tatooed a GIANT sun. . . like, takes up my whole shin!!

So, my mom is going to cut my hair, so I go and wash my hair and cover my arm with a towel. While she's cutting my hair, I realize that forever, I will have to wear a long sleeved shirt. I will also have to wear long pants! He actually did a really good job -- the picture looked just like Mary and the sun was really neat -- but it wasn't what I asked for. Plus, Aaron would be FURIOUS!!!

I remember my mom seeing my arm and asking what was wrong with my arm. I showed her and I remember being mortified!! I had this dead lady's picture tatooed on my arm when I didn't even know who she was! I was just working on the case to find her killer!! Plus, on the entire bottom part of my leg was this gigantic sun!!

Then, I woke up.

1 comment:

Brandi Wilson said...

Oh my gosh Rachel! I just laughed so hard!!!! That is absolutely hilarious! I can only imagine the horrendous fit Aaron would have about the massive dead girl tattoo. Who wants a Grandma with a big dead body tattoo sleeve? :)

I LOVE YOU!!! That story totally made me miss you!