Friday, January 14, 2011

Launching into Destiny

In February, I will be launched into something I love. It's not that I'm leaving something that I don't love, but it's just time and it's good.

In February, I will no longer be the children's pastor at KLF. I've been in children's ministry for almost the last 12 years! So, my emotions are all over the place about this deal. However, I am very excited about Encompass Kids and what it means for me.

There are already rumors floating around, so let me clear those up. Brandon and I talked it out and decided that my passion is Encompass Kids. That's what is exploding for me right now and I love it! My passion for kids has evolved into something outside the church walls and that's ok. I didn't get mad at Brandon and quit. I wasn't laid off. I didn't decide that I've had enough of KLF. The truth is that I don't have any plans to leave KLF at all! I love where I'm at!

So, here are a few pictures from over the years:

The LOGO:

A few years ago

Oh, the ketchup day! And, I'm pretty sure that's Jocie Wilson!

And one of my own son squirting me with ketchup. I remember that that
day he didn't like everyone doing that to his mommy.

I learned a hard lesson that day. I had planned on hosing off right outside the gym with a spicket that was easy access. After I was completely covered in ketchup, we realized that it didn't work. It was hooked up to the classrooms (which we did not own) and the water was not turned on. I had to ride home in the back of our Aztek dripping ketchup. We drove by the Baptist Church right as church was letting out. I just smiled and waved. :) And, if I remember correctly, it was very cold that day!


Minute to Win It

Last year on Super Bowl Sunday
Ice Cream Sundae Day!

And Tar & Feather day . . .


I had learned my lesson with the ketchup and decided that now we owned the building, I could shower at church that day in the dressing rooms! Little did I know, we didn't have any hot water!! So, I rode home in the back of Aaron's truck in the FREEZING RAIN and had to hose off outside in my backyard with the FREEZING water hose!! It was awful!!!

Then, there's the Easter Egg Hunts:


And the Hallelujah Nights:


And the it-sounded-great-at-the-time-but-it-made-a-giant-mess craft projects! Yep, that's birdseed ALL OVER THE FLOOR! And, we didn't have a vacuum!! And, it wasn't the only one I ever did! :)

Gosh! There are so many more! I'll just have to look through my external hard drive and see what I can dig up.

3 comments:

Tai Ann McClendon said...

So sad to hear this.....But so glad the Lord is opening doors to your dreams :) Can't wait to see what awesome things come from this......

Your truly are a forerunner of forerunners. I'm blessed to call you a friend and thrilled to watch your world!

love ya

Tai Ann McClendon said...

Mostly sad because my kids will get to miss those great Rach moments.......however I bet they still get theirs!!

Brandi Wilson said...

Oh, I almost cried as I looked at all these pictures! Yes, that was Jocie with the ketchup.

However, I'm not sad about the new and upcoming things! God has such big plans for you!!!!

Thank you for all you've done and all you're going to do with the kids at KLF, Clyde and the World!

You amaze me!