Friday, March 30, 2007

Less than 24 hours . . and counting!!

At this time tomorrow morning, I will be on a plane headed to Sacramento. If you read this after lunch, by this time tomorrow, I'll already be there!! I can't even explain how excited I am and how nervous I am at the same time.

I don't like doing things that I've never done before. I'm not a risk taker. I've never been to California. I've never been in the Houston airport. I've never been through airport security since 9/11. I've never driven north on I-5. I've never been to Redding. I've never been to Bethel. I've never been a a church service at Bethel. I've never been to a conference at Bethel. I've never traveled with the girls that are going with me. I've never slept with 4 girls in 1 room for 5 nights. I've never flown on Frontier Airlines. I've never been to the Denver Airport. I've never tried to get on an earlier flight so we can get home sooner. I've never rented my own rental car. I'm not sure what kind of clothes to take -- hot, cold, both.

I'm sure there are more "nevers" that I'm going to do encounter this next week. . all of which I will be able to say that I did when I get back. Just the "not-knowing-what-to-expect" is making me the most nervous.

I don't necessarily like to fly and I'm a little nervous about that, but this morning I asked myself what the big deal was about going. It's just the not knowing. Now, I also realize that most of these things aren't a big deal. You just do them. I also think there is already a deeper meaning to this -- "I don't know" stuff.

I also believe that God is calling our children's ministry to do some things that have never been done before. Right now, I know a small part of the plan, but I don't know what it will look like. I believe at this conference, God is going to reveal some things to me (and those going) about stuff that has never been done before, but things He's calling us to do. I'm going to have to become a risk taker.

So, I'm off to finish packing my bag with all the neat clothes I bought last night. Francesca went to be my personal shopper and I had a great time!! We didn't the jackpot at any one particular store, but I got some great stuff!! I laid out all of my clothes last night and started putting them together this morning and it's starting to come together.

So, this may be the last time you hear from me in Blogville before we head out, but Nicole is taking her computer, so I will try to post while we're there. Here's to doing new things and becoming a risk taker!!! In the word of Mack (the semi-truck from CARS), "California, here we come."

2 comments:

Lydianna Bradford said...

Have a great time Rachel!

Natalee said...

I am so excited for you. I hope you have a great time of learning and refreshment