As I mentioned, March 21st is a big day around our house. It's Payton's birthday and it's our anniversary -- 9 years this year!!! Again, I have no idea where time has gone!! Some days it feels like it was yesterday and other days, it feels like we've been married forever!!
In those 9 years, we have been through so much together. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Here are a few facts from our last 9 years of being married:
** Moved 11 times (if you include moving in with the Prossers for 2 weeks)
** Been a part of 5 churches
** Had 4 dogs, 1 guinea pig (ok, that one's Payton's)
** Found out we are BOTH CS personalities
** Most of the time, we "vacation" separately, although we did go on our first family vacation last year
** We've lived in Abilene (guess that was college), moved away, came back, moved away, & came back
** Went to Alaska on a motorcycle trip with my brother-in-law and father-in-law
** All of our pastors (except 1) have been really close friends of ours
** Been in debt (credit cards & car) & worked our way out (now we just have our car, besides our house)
** Bought a $2000 vacuum cleaner that has saved our lives more than once (long story)
** In different churches, we have been youth pastor, children's pastor, pre-school teacher, janitor, head usher, nursery director, right-hand assistants, drivers for the pastor on trips
** These have been our jobs: Wal-Mart, storage buildings, air conditioning place, district attorney's office, WTU, carpet laying, RV lot, finance office, estate attorney's office, real estate agent, accounts manager, business owner, children's pastor
** We've worked through some junk and come out better on the other side
** Been to a few funerals of people who meant the world to us
** God gave us an envelope of $2900 in cash to pay off a debt (that was the exact amount we owed)
** God has protected our boys in more ways than we probably know
** God has protected us in more ways than we probably know
** Started out in a tiny apartment paying $160 rent and it was really nice!
** I burned a batch of cookies one day because I spent too long checking e-mail
** We have made some life long friends
** I learned that I couldn't be his mom
** I've painted so many colors on so many walls that there is NO WAY I could count all of them. I did paint our master bedroom a BRIGHT YELLOW, though. That room is unforgettable!! Almost had to have sunglasses even at night!! It was terrible!
In listing all of this, I'm having a hard time thinking of all the things that has happened over the last 9 years. One thing I do remember is that the man who was doing our pre-marital counseling told me that we shouldn't get married because I had too much "baggage" at the time. He said that we/I needed to work that out before we got married. I'm not saying that he was wrong -- he was probably right -- but we got married and we've made it 9 years!! 9 years!! Yes, I have had to work on letting go of that "baggage" over the last 9 years, but I've done it and things are awesome. I am proud to call Aaron my husband and I'm looking forward to many many more years together!!
P.S. I'm just going to keep adding to this list as I remember things.
2 comments:
That is awesome Rachel. I hope Joel and I can be friends wih you for your next decade together.
Bright yellow? You're my hero! I love it...ok, not really, but I have thought about it a couple of times.
Post a Comment