Thursday, May 24, 2007

Catching Up . . .

So, life has been hectic since I posted last!! I'll start from last Thursday:

I had a doctor appointment for the first ultrasound. The baby's feet were crossed and it was asleep, which scared me at first. The baby wasn't moving at all and the angle was where you couldn't see the heart beating. But, the dr. moved the wand thing and there was the heart beating away. He said, "Well, baby is asleep." I was very relieved! The baby had it's fist up in the air, which is exactly what Payton & Evan both did in their ultrasounds!! I laughed and told God that isn't funny! ;) As I was walking out, I overheard a woman saying that she was having boy #4!! Can you imagine?!?! She said she was ok with it, but her oldest son wasn't. Wow . . just don't even want to think about that! ;) I have pictures, but I have to go scan them somewhere and I keep forgetting to do that.

Thursday left for the BFW. I still can't comprehend everything that happened last weekend. I know that I laughed a lot, prophesied a lot, and prayed a lot. I learned a lot on the way home about breast reductions -- WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION on them, in fact!!

But, on the way home, I was able to talk to a woman about why our church is growing so much. I told her that it's just because we love people right where they are. And, how we really are a family -- not a disfunctional family like most people think of when they hear "family" -- but a true family where we go to people if we have an offense or how we just live our lives transparent before each other. She was blown away. I was excited that she will be able to take that back to her church! That was one of my favorite times of the weekend -- just bragging on KLF!

And, I couldn't talk about the BFW weekend without talking about those college girls!! Can I tell you, they did something in me!! It was fun to eat chips and salsa with them, it was fun to just talk to them, it was fun to see how hungry they are for the things of God!! I saw some of them last night after skate night and I didn't want to leave!! ;) I met a girl on the last night that we have similar lives -- it's weird how similar it all is! I was able to share with her a little more of my testimony and just encourage her that God is going to tell her where to go and what to do. She came up to me Sunday after church and just thanked me for being open and honest. I tell you, I love that girl. I couldn't remember her name until yesterday, but I know there is a connection there regardless of whether she comes to KLF or not. I am excited for her!!

Yesterday, someone asked me what happened on Sunday when I fell out of my chair. Some didn't see it, but they heard about it. When Kathy started talking about how our kids will begin to prophecy, I started laughing. I remember thinking, "God, not now!" and then I fell out of my chair. Someone else said that Brandi got up and threw her "cloth thing" on me and that's when I fell. I'm not really sure how it all went down, but I am fine. The only thing I remember is how hard my head was pressed to the cement. I couldn't move it. It even felt like I had a bruise on my forehead on Monday! But, I'm glad God did what He did on Sunday.

As for the BFW, I will say one more thing: I had been having a major identity crisis. I hope this makes sense. People would say that they wanted to relate to me as "Rachel" and not "Miss Rachel" and I thought those people had to be 2 different people. I struggled with it because I didn't know who "Rachel" was. "Rachel" just became whatever someone wanted her to be -- she was very much a people pleaser -- just trying to figure out how someone else WANTED her to act. But, in the middle of my talk, I just realized that there isn't a separation between the two. I am Miss Rachel and that is ok. I can be Miss Rachel in front of adults just like I can be Miss Rachel in front of the kids. People call me different things -- wife, mom, sister, daughter, children's pastor -- but Miss Rachel doesn't have to change with those different roles. I can just be me to those people. I am so glad and I feel so free! That is what I meant the last night during testimonies that my talk changed my life. I started looking at myself differently. Last week before the BFW, I went to the bank and I know those ladies in there, but as I was leaving, the teller said, "Bye, Miss Rachel!" I just laughed! Then, I went to Office Max where I didn't know the lady and after I paid, she said, "Thanks, Miss Rachel. Have a great day." I believe that both of those situations were prophetic for what was coming in the weekend. . . I am Miss Rachel, no matter what and that is ok.

I will tell you that I've been a little overwhelmed after coming back. It seems like there are SEVERAL prophecies about the children and how they will be the ones to lead our church into revival. There have been several more and they are all awesome. I'm just a little overwhelmed and feeling a little "under-qualified" to lead these kids! I know I'm not and the truth is that I can only do it with God's help, and I know that. I just don't want to miss it and I don't want to mess up. Thankfully, I am in a church where it's ok to mess up and you just go on. . . I just feel so overwhelmed by it all. I am excited that the kids got to see the fire tunnel on Sunday morning. I'm excited that parents could explain what was going on. I'm excited that kids are wanting to soak and kids are wanting to go to Heaven. Nothing makes me more excited!!

So, there you have it. . my life since my last post. Oh, and there's Payton's Kindergarten graduation that I'll post on later. I haven't uploaded my pictures from my camera yet.

No comments: