Monday, July 30, 2007

Change

I realized today that it had been almost a week since I blogged last. WOW! What in the world have I been doing? Not sure, but today something really cool happened. I can't/won't go into a lot of details about it, but I learned something today. I learned that God is in control -- even when there's change.

In September at the church, it's like a new day. . . kind of like January for most people. New budgets, new plans, new energy, new everything it seems. I know some of that will be postponed until January, but there are some changes coming my way that I can say I wasn't too sure about. I wasn't unhappy about them, but just cautious. How is this going to work? Will it work? What's my role in making it work?

But, today God showed me that it will work. It will be fun and it will be a learning experience at the same time. God showed me that change isn't so bad. I got a new look today at some things. Some things I want to change and ideas on how to do it came from the most unlikely person (in my mind).

So, bring on September. Bring on the change. I know it will be good.

This weekend, I also learned how to walk out things in relationship. My goodness! God is doing something in me! I'm having to consciously be aware of how I handle things, but it's for my good. Most of the time, I want to keep it in and eventually it will go away, but what happens is that it doesn't go away, but it grows bigger. This weekend God taught me how to deal with those things and just talk about it instead of letting it grow out of control -- learning to walk in relationship. God is wanting me to be relational, which is not my strong point, but I'm learning. Wish this was as easy as learning to love sweets! (I'm craving some chocolate right about now!)

3 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

Should I read this blog, the new blog or both? Should I comment on this blog, the new blog or both?

Rachel said...

The new blog is for our family . . some of the same content as my "original" blog, but not about church stuff. The only thing is that I can't figure out how to have a different "identity" on them.

Anonymous said...

it's ok...eat some chocolate...quick, before your doctor tells you no! i know what you mean rachel. big changes coming up. God is totally in control though!