Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My 30th Birthday

My 30th birthday is coming up in September (the 21st to be exact) and Becky asked me what I wanted to do. Now, I know this is a HUGE STRETCH in every way possible, but here's what I want to do: I want to go to NEW YORK CITY!!!

I have always wanted to go see the Big Apple and this would be a trip that would definitely not be exciting for Aaron. But, how fun would it be to take a few girlfriends and see the big city for the weekend?!?!

Last night I looked up some prices on Hotwire and to stay at a 4-star hotel on Park Avenue just blocks from the Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center, it would cost $539 each (price for 2 round trip tickets, hotel for 2 nights, and all taxes and fees), but that's flying out of Abilene, which I think is totally worth the extra cost to fly from Abilene instead of Dallas. The flight I was looking at would leave Abilene at 9:30 on Friday morning (the 21st) and come back on Sunday and land in Abilene at 1:30 pm.

The cheapest one I found was $442, but it was 12 miles from the heart of New York City. I'm not sure if that would be ok or not! I also just found one for $370, although it's outside of NYC, the reviews were good, but is far from restaurants and shopping. I just don't have a clue about NYC (Erica, I will need your help for sure!)

And, yes I will be 7 months pregnant, but I think it would still be ok for me to fly. I'll have to check on that one.

Anyway, so the invitation is open. Again, I TOTALLY know this is a HUGE STRETCH, but I think it would be a BLAST!! I've been trying to figure out how it would all work and I just don't know other than I'm just going to believe God that He will take care of the money!!

P.S. Becky, pregnancy pictures in NYC?!?! Couldn't that be a tax write off for you??!?! ;)

7 comments:

Pamelotta said...

Wow. I don't know what to say. That's so out there. I want to do it! I guess I'm just going to have to pray about it, too. Even if I can't go, I definitely want you to be able to go for your birthday. 30 is a big one!

What did you mean "price for 2 round trip tickets?"

Rachel said...

I know it's totally out there!! I called Krissy and invited her and she just laughed and said, "Who is this Rachel I'm talking to?" ;)

I just did a search and it said for 2 tickets. I think I searched for up to 4 tickets and the price was a little cheaper, but not much. It just asked me how many adults and I just left it at 2, although I would want to take everyone who wants to go!!!

Rachel said...

But that would be $539 per person on that hotel. Erica did say she would help me, so it's possible to find a better deal, maybe?

Brandi Wilson said...

Well, I will get to praying now! It sounds so fun!

You know the day that we would come back I would turn 30! Would we have to hop on another plane to go somewhere else?

Brandi Wilson said...

Rachel, I really really really want to go. It will be a miracle if I get to, but that's totally possible. I always seem to get my way. I have great favor with the Lord so I'm guessing I'm going to get to go.

Rachel said...

Brandi, I want to go more than I can tell you, but it will have to be a miracle for me to go, too.

I'm not sure if it's one of those things I give up on and just say that I can't go or if it's something I totally keep believing God for because I want to go so bad. I'm not sure yet.

Anonymous said...

Eer(spelling?) on the side of faith! Believe! What's the worst that could happen...you believe, believe, believe and then don't get to go? I would go with you, but I'll be having my baby that weekend. Kids (sigh).