I can honestly say that I am really nesting!! Friday I was determined to get Jaxon's room pulled together before my shower. I started cleaning out that room/closet and by the end of the day, I had a mess from the back of the house to the front!! It was everywhere!! I did throw away 2 bags of trash and started on a third (sorry Becky. I told you I threw away 3). THREE BAGS OF TRASH IN MY HOUSE -- JUST TAKING UP SPACE!! WOW! That felt good!!
I cleaned up my scrapbook mess that was happening in my living room due to baby shower hostess gifts. I had my laundry piled HIGH on the couch. My house was a wreck!!
But, today it is all pulled together -- well, for the most part. My laundry is put away. My scrapbook stuff is put away for now. I cleaned out and reorganized the hall closet. Jaxon's room is mostly clean and my dishes are all done. Yes, I'm sure that I'm nesting!!
Monday, my plan is to attack my scrapbook closet. I know there are things in there I will never use and it's time for me to downsize a little bit!!
Aaron's at the World Series right now as I'm typing this. I'm watching on tv and I have to say that I'm almost a little jealous!! His brother caught a home run ball during batting practice and they were first in line to get into the stadium!! Aaron sent me a picture of him from his seat -- definitely nosebleed seats, but I am sure it is fun anyway!! Right now, they say it is 39 degrees in Denver . . maybe I'm glad I'm not there! ;)
My shower today was great!! I love a good theme party and it was all Dallas Cowboys!! Amy had a great idea to make a flower vase out of a football. They cut off one end and put some rocks in the bottom to help it stand up and they put flowers coming out of the top. It's too cute!! The whole thing was great. There weren't many people there, but I thought it was so much fun! We were able to sit around and talk about mommy inventions. Lots of things left to get for Jaxon, but that will be fun, too!!
Aaron's mom and sister took me to Sharky's tonight for dinner. It's been a few weeks since I've been in there and it was so good!! Aaron's mom wasn't all that impressed -- like mother, like son! We got it to go because my boys were with Joel and I was afraid they would come home, but her food got cold on the way home and it wasn't as good. I think she should give it another try at least!! ;) I sure enjoyed mine!!
I think that's all for my update of the weekend so far. Aaron's mom and sister are coming over after church tomorrow and the boys are going to paint some little piggy banks that Aaron's sister bought for them. Please pray for my boys! They are really missing their dad -- and I mean REALLY REALLY missing him!!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry I didn't make it. I love a good theme party! Elliott and I were in the middle of a "spat" and he had left without telling me where he was going. Turns out he was just at his studio working, but I was worried and looking for him and wanting to work things out. I wouldn't have been much fun to be around. I can't wait to give you your gift. It's kind of intimidating to make something for such a crafty person, but I think you'll like it!
the shower was awesome! i think everything went really smooth with your in-laws.
Post a Comment