Wednesday, November 21, 2007

One More Week (or less)

I'm hoping for the "or less" option!!!

I went to the dr. this morning. I'm still dilated to a 1 . . maybe 1 1/2 (like it makes a difference). He said the baby is very low (didn't have to tell me that). When he measured him, Dr. A's eyes about popped out of his head. He just said he's "good size". He's giving me another week and then I'm going to have to induce because Jaxon is getting too big. I'm so ready to have Jaxon, but I am very thankful that this time Dr. A isn't pushing me to induce.

Linda (the nurse) wasn't there today and there was another older nurse. She asked me if I was going to go natural or be induced. I told her I'm trying to go natural, but I'm almost considering inducing. She kind of chuckled and said, "Well, what's one or two more weeks?" I'm telling you, that was the last thing she needed to say to me today!!! ;) One or two more days seems like an eternity right now not to mention one or two more weeks!!

Today I was thinking about the things I won't miss about being pregnant. Here's my list so far:

* Maternity pants -- I can't keep mine up lately!
* Sleepless nights -- at least my sleepless nights will be from a baby and not just because I can't sleep.
* Painful hips -- need I say more?
* These crazy emotions -- I've had my feelings hurt more in the last week than in the last 5 years -- all over silly things, of course.
* Swollen fingers and feet -- maybe my feet will shrink back to my normal size, too.

Having listed those few things, would I be pregnant again? Absolutely.

Will I ever be pregnant again? The jury is still out on that one.

No comments: