
On Friday, Evan pulled his tooth while I was delivering backpacks. Cherith was at the house with him and he just twisted it out. It was really just barely hanging on, so it wasn't too big of a deal. It's his second tooth to lose (he lost one while I was in Cambodia).
Anyway, Aaron took the boys to his parents' house this past weekend, so Evan put his tooth in a ziploc baggie and said he would see if the tooth fairy would come at Purty's house. Evan woke up on Saturday morning and his tooth was still under his pillow without any money. (I think Aaron forgot.) So, Purty got a $5 bill and went to the room to "look for the money" and she "found it" behind the bed. Evan was super pumped! At our house, they get $1 for each tooth. I was a little worried about the price of teeth going up to $5 each! ;)
So, Evan gets home on Sunday evening and he's excited because he's going to put his tooth under his pillow again at our house to see if he gets any more money. On the way to church, Evan says, "I wonder if I'll get another $5 for my tooth?" Payton says, "I don't know, Evan. I've never gotten $5 for my teeth. I just get $1. But, I think the Wheeler tooth fairy must be richer than the Clyde tooth fairy." I laughed hysterically on the inside -- there is some truth to that!! ;)
Sunday night, Evan puts his tooth under his pillow and this time I forgot! He got up yesterday morning and I saw him walking to the bathroom with his tooth in the ziploc bag! I hurried and got a dollar out of my purse and went to his room to pretend to look for the money in his sheets. I "found it" and gave it to him. He was a little confused why he hadn't found it before, but I told him it was way under his covers and he just laughed and said, "Well, I wonder why my tooth was still under my pillow, but my money was under my covers?" AHHHHHH!!
He gets even more excited and says, "I wonder if I'll just keep getting money if I keep putting it under my pillow?" I'm thinking this game is going to break the tooth fairy!! So, last night he put his tooth under his pillow again, but this time I remembered. I got it before I went to bed, but I didn't have any more cash. . . I guess that's ok. $6 for one tooth!! I think that's plenty!
4 comments:
When Kalista was about 4 she lost her 3rd tooth. She put it under her pillow at bed time. After she had been asleep for about 2 hours, I went to put a dollar under her pillow & get her tooth. I couldn't find a $1, $5, or even $10. All I had was a $20. So I was thinking that I would put that under there then the next day offer her two $1 for the one $20. I was thinking that she would totally go for it. I mean, c'mon, she's four.
She would NOT give me back that $20. I guess she could sense somehow the value of that piece of paper. So, she made $20 off one tooth. Since then, I've only put two quarters.
We had forgotten the tooth fairy one time and Mason had bunk beds so I just left a dollar on the kitchen table with a note from the tooth fairy saying that I couldn't leave it under his pillow because my wings wouldn't fit in the bunk bed. Kids are so fun.
That story made me laugh.
You know we don't do the tooth fairy but our kids still get presents. Well, Randy must be the "Wheeler tooth fairy" because Spencer lost a tooth before life group one time and he was so afraid that he wasn't going to get a treat since we had company that night. Randy told him not to worry and that he would take Spencer to get a treat after everyone left.
Well, he does take Spencer to get a treat, but what does he buy him? TWO VIDEO GAMES!!!!
I usually let them get a dollar item at Target or something. Man, the kids always want Randy to pick out the treat!
I will say though, that for Joey's first tooth we bought him a bike. (He was about to get one anyway.) Also, one time Joey lost a tooth and I was out for a walk and saw a farmer's market. I ended up buying Joey a watermelon and walked with it all the way home. He loves that story.
Lydianna lost 2 teeth the first time she lost any...and we did $10..so I guess that was $5 a tooth. We really didn't know what the "going" rate was. We have since been told thats on the "high" side...fortunately she hasn't lost THAT many yet!
Post a Comment