Monday, June 05, 2006

My sister and I went to Canton, Texas to the First Monday Trade Days this past weekend. It was so much fun!! We ended up leaving my house late, so we hit rush hour traffic in Dallas and some nasty construction areas close to my friend's house where we were staying the night. I'm used to driving a little SUV, but we took her BIG OL' TRUCK!! It's definately different, but it's intimidating to those little cars that try to cut you off or cut in line!! =)

There was so much to see in Canton!! If your home is western decor, it is a MUST to go there!! That stuff is EVERYWHERE! I could have decorated and redecorated the boys' room several dozen times and not had the same things twice. My sister found quite a bit of stuff. I mainly found some ribbon -- yep, that's right -- ribbon!! It's great for scrapbooking and I think I got over 40 yards of ribbon for $17!! I also got a zebra cell phone cover, which was my "big purchase" of the day!! At the end of the day, I decided to go back and get some wrapping paper -- 2 rolls of zebra paper, 1 roll of leopard print, and one roll of pink tulle. That is all -- after walking probably over 5 miles and not seeing nearly 1/2 of it, that's all I walked away with.

So, we had to stop at the outlet malls on the way home. I did better at those!! =) Got a few things at Old Navy and got a few things at the Gap Outlet. Now it's time to get all of my ribbons organized (somehow) and get my new clothes washed!!

No comments: