Our dog, Creek, died just a few weeks ago. We think she got bit by a rattlesnake. We really miss her and things have definately been different around here. She used to always walk me to the mailbox to get the mail every afternoon. She would run out ahead of me and jump in the ditch acting like she was making sure nothing was in there. I would get the mail and she would run back to the house with me and make sure I was safe.
When she died, I didn't think I would miss her as much as I do. . . I mean, she was a dog. But, when you've woke up every morning for the last 7 years and the first thing you did was feed her, then you wake up one morning and she's not waiting there.
I don't like to go on the back porch in the last few weeks. That's where she relaxed and whenever we opened the door, there she was wagging her tail.
After she died, I didn't think we would get another dog. I was wrong! Today, we got 2 new dogs, Blue & Cracker. Blue is full blood Blue Heeler and Cracker is 1/2 Blue Heeler and 1/2 Sheep Dog. They are still adjusting to our home, but the boys LOVE them!! They love to play catch and they haven't tried to run away, so I guess that's good.
So, now I have somebody else to feed in the mornings and I have somebody else to walk me to the mailbox every afternoon. I'm going to try to post pictures later.
No comments:
Post a Comment