Monday, June 12, 2006

"This morning Payton came in and said, "Mom! God helped me find dad's knife thingy!!"

In his hand, he had a butter knife thing that has a penguin on the end of it. Aaron's mom got it for us at some point. It's small and you can use it to spread butter or jelly. . I don't know the "real name" for it, but we've never really used it that I can think of. Anyway, I guess Payton had taken it outside and he lost it. But instead of telling anyone, he went outside to look for it again. Here's the story in his words:

Mom, I went outside to look for that knife thingy. . you know that thing of dad's that has the penguin on the end of it. . it's a little knife thing. Well, I went outside to look for it and I couldn't find it anywhere, so I looked up at the sky and I said, 'God, will you please help me find that knife thing of my dad's?' Then, I just looked down at my feet and there it was. I think God just picked it up and moved it because I prayed and asked him to help me. So, I picked it up and I looked back at the sky and I said, 'Thank you God for helping me find this thing for my dad.' Then, I just came it the house and showed it to you. Isn't that awesome, Mom?"

I can definately say that I was excited about that and I did tell him that it was awesome!! You know, God is constantly showing me that He cares about the little things that we care about. God even cares enough to help us find the things that we've never used before!!

Here are some pictures of the dogs:



Here's a picture of Evan, Aaron, Blue, & Cracker.

This is Blue. She is full blood Blue Heeler. She is a very good dog. She's just been a little shy with Evan. =)

This is Cracker. She is 1/2 blue heeler and 1/2 sheep dog. She is a little more mischevious than Blue. As you can see, she doesn't seem to mind Evan hanging all over her, which is good for Evan!! =)

No comments: