Thursday, November 30, 2006

Things I Learned On Snow Day . . .

Everyone else wrote about the snow, so I won't go on about that. I will list the things I learned today with both boys home from school:

  • Payton is definately a DC personality. He is in charge of picking the game and you have to play it just the way he says or it's wrong.
  • Spiderman can't thow webs using only 1 finger. It's impossible.
  • Using PAM spray to replace the butter to make a grilled cheese sandwich just doesn't work. Not even if it's BUTTER flavored.
  • If your heater starts blowing cold air on a cold & snowy day, it could be several things. One of which is a red button that doesn't exist on your unit, but you don't figure that out until you've made several trips outside in the FREEZING COLD. I do know how to make your heater quit blowing cold air now!!!
  • It doesn't take a whole Sunday newspaper to keep a fire going in the fire place!! Just put some logs on there and eventually they will catch on fire. Who would have thunk it?
  • Now I know why they make sure you are 18 when you buy Sharpies!! The high from those things is NO FUN!! I'm not sure why people would want to do that to themselves!!
I'm sure there are more things I've learned today. When I went to make lunch today, I wanted grilled cheese and soup. I didn't have any soup, I was low on bread, and I didn't have any butter (see bullet above). The main thing I did learn today was that I wished I had been better about making lists yesterday!!

2 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

I've wodered a few times if the PAM would work for grilled cheese. I guess not. Did the boys get to roast their marshmallows in the fireplace today?

Rachel said...

We didn't even have any marshmallows!! We're on our way to the store now. I'm sure they will ask for them!!