This week is officially (not sure who "officially" made it "official") Random Acts of Kindness Week. A "Pay it forward" kind of thing. The challenge this week is to find someone (could be someone you know or don't know) and do an act of kindness for them.
I'm on a scrapbooking bulletin board and we do card swaps, secret scrapbook sisters, recipe swaps, ribbon swaps, etc. So, we save each other's addresses and we send out RAOKs (pronounced "RACKS") and post on the bulletin board when we get them. On that board, we send out scrapbooking stuff and it's really neat to see how big (and small) the packages are! Last week I opened my mailbox and there was a RAOK from the BBC RAOKer. It had some scrapbooking embellishments that were awesome!! It really made my day!!
Anyway, I challenged the kids this morning to find someone -- anyone -- this week that they could do a random act of kindness for. So, I'm challenging you, too!! Get creative!! It could be done in secret or it could be done in person. I've always wanted to pay for someone's groceries at the store or just leave a MASSIVE tip at a restuarant -- those are RAOKs. It's kind of a secret sister thing, but not really. You might never find out who gave you your RAOK, but I'm sure it will be a blessing!! And, that's the fun part!! It doesn't even have to be for someone outside of your own home!!!
So, get RAOKing!!! You can post if you get something on here or if you do something for someone, feel free to post it here, too!!
10 comments:
Hey Rachel,
I have not accomplished my RAOK for today yet..but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you express through this blog;-) I am so encouraged by you. Thank you for that
I'm so excited! I'm going to have to put it on my calendar this week to be extra special to someone!
Today (Tues.) I was driving pasat my future house and I noticed Gary Cheeks trash cans were blown down the road from the 800 mile and hour wind. And at first I said, "Oh that stinks for him" And them I thought, "Random Act of Kindness." So I stopped to battled the wind. Won back the lids from the ditches and placed them in their front yard. Felt good and it only took my about 2 minutes.
YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! I haven't "officially" done mine yet!! Yay for Francesca!!
Okay, I did mine.
I braved the back back seat (third row) and scrubbed, cleaned, sweated, and scapped all the yuckiest out of the Suburban.
It wasn't a random act of kindness that I cleaned the car from top to bottom, but it was a random act of kindness that I cleaned "the Hole" as we call it. I wanted to bless Melody and Jocie (that's where they sit) so I cleaned their cup holders and seats and even the carpet on the arm rests for them.
Let's just say...I was gagging.
I know they will be pleased.
I did mine today too! Jennifer and I went to Thrifty's to eat today (Tuesday) and before we left I paid for the clerks lunch!
It felt really good to bless someone! I want to keep doing this!
It's addicting, isn't it!!! I love it!! Tonight I was at the mall and this jar of change opened and a pile of change fell out of my car. For a split second, I thought about just leaving it there -- Can you imagine finding a pile of change in a parking lot?!?! But, I didn't do it. It was a bank from children's church and it probably wouldn't have mattered, but if it were my own, I probably would have done it.
I got another one...On Sunday I got a beautiful Valentine chime from my Secret Sister. I kept looking at it and thinking about how much I liked it.
Well, yesterday my mother in law came to the house and she said how beautiful my chime was so I told her to take it home with her. She was so blessed! It felt good to give her something that was special to me. It made her so happy.
Does playing playdough for at least an hour yesterday count? I've been looking for some things to do but its been harder then I thought. I NEVER play playdough with Lydianna (if you remember I specifically mentioned my dislike of it on one of my lists) and I covered the table with wax paper and had at it for the better part of Adalee's nap. Adalee's nap is often our special time together...but playdough is usually kept hidden and out of sight. When mentioned I generally suggest anything/everything else. I'm on the lookout, if more opportunities don't present themselves I'll have to be more creative.
I think Playdough does count, Ashlee!! I hate that stuff, too!!
Here's my RAOK for the week. I'm doing a card swap online and I am supposed to make 2 sets of 6 thank you cards. The host of the swap is having a little girl soon, so I'm going to make her at least 10 baby thank you cards on top of the cards I have to do for the swap.
Post a Comment