When I opened my mailbox today, there was a card with my parents' return address and my dad's handwriting. I opened the envelope and there's a silloette (sp?) of a tree with an elephant with his trunk in the air. When I opened the card, this is what it read:
Wishing Happy Mother's Day to you
With some recycled poo.
Your Ma & Pa
Is this cool or what?
The card is made from recycled elephant poop. This is so my dad's personality. The deeper thing for me is that my dad never sends anything. I occasionally talk to him but not much more than the difference in weather or what new things the boys are doing. The neat thing is that my dad has known that I'm pregnant each time -- before I knew. He's also known boy or girl before we did and he's been 100% right. I just love that about my dad. I know it seems small and it is a little weird -- to send your daughter a Mother's Day card made from elephant poop -- but it is straight from my dad and I love it.
2 comments:
That's sweet. I'm glad he sent that to you.
#1- Silhouette. I've had to spell that A LOT!
#2- Daddy's can be so sweet sometimes.
Post a Comment