My mother's day was so relaxing!! Just what I needed! At church this morning, my secret sister gave me the cutest "basket" with 4 small Dr. Peppers in it and some chocolate -- what better gift for a pregnant woman!!!
Aaron stayed home from church with Evan this morning. I came home from church and Aaron had gone to get lunch at Chili's. It was so good!! I had a chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes (a recent craving of mine), and some delicious corn!! It was so good! He even picked me up a Dr. Pepper!!
Then, I laid on the couch and took about a 3 hour nap. Sleep has been very important lately! ;) Nothing beats a good nap!! We got up and went on a walk, which felt really good.
Tonight I'm planning on watching the finale of Survivor and work on Francesca's scrapbook a little (I'm half way finished, by the way!) Aaron's in the kitchen doing the dishes (awesome for me!).
I love relaxing days like today!!
***********************************************************************
Now, here's the scoop on Evan:
Thursday afternoon, he was a little hot, but I didn't think much of it. He was acting fine. Thursday in the middle of the night, he woke up with a fever of 101 and throwing up. I gave him some medicine, but it didn't seem to help. He was up most of the night on Thursday night. He laid around the house on Friday, but by Friday afternoon, he was running around and acting like he was fine.
Friday night, fever again and up most of the night. Saturday, I took him by so Trish could look at him. She thought it could be strep throat, but couldn't be for sure without the test. He did have a little bit of a rash on him. He's had the fever between 101 and 103 since Thursday and we couldn't get it to break. Aaron made a phone call to a friend and called him in some medicine.
As the day went on, he acted fine again. He was wrestling with Payton and the fever finally broke. Things started looking up for him. We went ahead and picked up the medicine, but he was up most of the night. He threw up once and just couldn't sleep. His fever went sky high again.
This morning, he woke up with this rash all over him. It's splotchy (sp?) and then under his chin, there are these pimple things. His lip looks swollen and the fever is still there.
I'm believing that the antibiotics will help him feel better. That's why my nap today was so good!! I have been up with him for the last 3 nights, pretty much all night. So, please pray for Evan -- that all of this would be gone!!
3 comments:
The rash sounds like it could be an alergic reaction to the medicine. You might want to call the nurse line at Hendricks or Abilene regional just to ask about the possible allergic reaction.
If it is an alergic reaction, it is not good! None the less, I will pray either way!
He's on Amoxicillin (sp?), which he's been on before and never had problems. . . we will call in tomorrow and see what's up, though. Thanks, Kevin!!
Something else is that last night before he went to bed, he had some milk and then he threw up. Tonight, we went for ice cream and we got home and he threw up. Can he just now start having an allergic reaction to milk?
Hey Rachel, Miles became allergic to milk when he was about 2. He was fine with it before then. Now he drinks soy milk.
It's a possibility.
Post a Comment