Monday, July 16, 2007

The BIG DAY!!

Yes, it's less than 2 hours and I'm definatly counting down!! But, here's the exciting part. My emotions aren't all over the place. I am excited, for sure, but I'm not scared, nervous, etc. I'm just excited. I want to be able to see this baby's heartbeat. I want to know that everything is measuring normal. I, of course, want to know if it's a boy or a girl, but I think God's been teaching me something over the last few days. I can honestly say that whether it's a boy or a girl, I will be ok. We all know I want a girl and I'm very emotionally involved in the thought of that, but God has helped me be ok if it's a boy. If it's a boy, I think there will be a few minutes of sadness, but just because I'm so overly emotionally involved in it.

I'm not sure if God's given me the peace about a boy because He's preparing me because it is a boy or if He just wants me to learn to be excited and happy about ANY blessing. I know that if it's a boy, there is a reason I will have 3 boys and there is a reason this boy has been given to us. Same thing if it's a girl -- there's a reason for it.

So, here's my request for you. If I call and say that it's a boy, be excited for us!! I already know that when I call some of my family members, if I tell them a boy, they will be pretty disappointed. My greatest fear has been that when I tell people that it's a boy, I will be able to see the excitement leave their face/voice. So, know that I'm totally ok either way. . . . although I'm still believing it's a girl.

Here's a prayer request for you today: I had a filling fall out a few weeks ago and that tooth has really started bothering me. Last night, it was making the whole side of my face throb. I want God to heal it. And if it doesn't happen (like very soon), I want to be able to get into the dentist QUICK!! Our dentist takes at least a couple of weeks if not a month to get in to see. I can't wait that long. I'm also believing that God will provide the money. Aaron's car broke down last week and we need to get it fixed -- to the tune of $700 to $1000. But. I know my God is big enough to cover it all.

So, be expecting a phone call from me today!! But if I don't call you as soon as you would like, feel free to call me!!!!

I am so excited!!!

2 comments:

Becky and Bryan said...

We got a great bike at a garage sale on Saturday (post will be on blog later), but I went bike riding this morning and was praying just that...if it was a boy that you would be excited and not disppointed. God had to do that in me the week before I found out about Hailie. I really wanted a girl, but knew I had a 50-50 chance of it being a boy. At the end, I came to peace that if it was a boy that I'd love him just as much as if it were a girl...and it was a girl!! So, peace be with you today!! I'm waiting by the phone!!

Lydianna Bradford said...

I kind of wanted a boy when I was pregnant with Adalee but I also wanted a girl. Kevin's family really wanted a boy. When I told Dixie it was a girl her response was, "Are you kidding me?" and it really hurt my feelings. I pray that you are confident in your blessing either way (What better blessing is their then a baby?!)and that your heart will swell with joy when you hear the news. I'm so excited for you!!