I seem to be so indecisive when it comes to this and thought it would be a fun blog!!
I've thought about doing a football room, which my boys would LOVE!! I asked Payton about it the other day and he said it wasn't fair. I explained that eventually he would switch and have his own room, but he thought that would take 50 years! Hope not!
Anyway, I was thinking about doing the grass with yardlines 3/4 of the way up the wall and go all around the room. Here's some bedding I've found:
It's a little expensive considering I have to buy/find a crib and dresser. But, it would be a cute room.
Then, there is this other set that I've found at Target that I really like. I could paint the walls chocolate brown and green. It's cheaper, so I could get more pieces for the same amount of money as the football bedding. Here's the link to it:
I love elephants and it would go with the rest of my house. This room would definately be more for me than the baby! ;) Aaron just laughed and said the baby wouldn't care anyways!
I think we've decided on Jaxon Carter, which sounds like a football name to me . . . but I like the elephants, too!!
So, give me your opinions!!!
11 comments:
I do LOVE the name Jaxon Carter!! Oh, it just fits!! (although, I'm still rooting for Micah!!)
I just know you and I think that you would be happier with the football theme, because it will grow with all of the boys. The elephant one looks a little baby-ish and will need to be replaced when it's time. Even when it comes time for Payton to have his own room he could use the painting on the walls and all you would have to do is find a bedding for him to fit his bed. Hey, that's something you could ask your hostesses for...I mean you'll probably have like 30 hostesses so surely we could get some of it. Just trying to get inside your brain....
Jaxon...I like it!!!
I love the Elephant theme...But I think it is a little unfair to ask me as I am really biased in the " africa direction"
I love the name you are thinking of... are any of the names family names? Just curious... we only had one family name for our kids and that was Simeon's middle name... John was the name of Luke's father's younger brother who did not live past the age of two...other wise we just came up with names that fit the boys..
Natalee, I'm also drawn to the whole African theme, but my boys are drawn to the football stuff!! ;)
Jaxon Carter isn't any family names. We haven't named any of our kids after family members because we just don't have much to go on. Aaron's dad's name is Roy Melvin and my dad is Marion Joe. . . not a lot. Even if it was a girl, not much -- Aaron's mom is Margaret Beth & my mom is Beverly Lynn.
We haven't officially decided . . or at least I haven't. Aaron kept trying to get me to 'officialize' it yesterday, but I'm waiting until today! ;)
They are both cute. But I like the elephant, mostly because I love the color green. Love the name, great initials J.C.
I'm going for the elephant theme. I know that he'll outgrow it, but at least you'll have something different before he gets put in with all the other boys and their football stuff. Plus, I can't give you details but if you pick the elephant theme, I'll be able to make you something really cool for the room. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and you'll be the one to get it!!!
No bribery or anything. You do what you think is best!
I love Jaxon. Even the spelling is cool.
I think the football theme sounds the most fun. The elephant room was babish like someone else said. Of course we are talking about a baby...so it would be fitting. I just like the football room.
I also like the name Jaxon, although I was hoping to name him Jase. Why won't people let me name thier babies? Gosh, I have lots of practise!
I saw the bedding today at Target. It's actually on clearance! But, it's so green. It does look a little girly and not really much brown in it. I looked at the pillow and it just looked so girly . . it really could go either way if you had to make it go boy. . . . so, it's still on!! Pam, you do have me really curious, though!!
Maybe if you put extra brown on the walls it would even it out. I like the elephant one a lot!
Amanda's paint idea is good. Of course, you know I wouldn't do a big project for you baby's room without consulting you. Maybe you should see what I have in mind and then decide. Then, if you want me to do it, we'll keep it a secret from everyone else!!! Won't that be fun!
as long as it's not letters...hehe...i like the elephants, even if they are girly.
footballFOOTBALLfootballFOOTBALLfootballFOOTBALL
Post a Comment