Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Explaining Babies . . .

Yesterday I had to go take my one hour glucose test and Evan went with me. While we were passing the hour sitting at the health department, I asked Evan if he wanted to go see Baby Justus when we were finished. He got all excited and here's how the rest of the conversation went:

E: Is he already out?
R: Yes, he was born yesterday.
E: Mom, how do babies come out of your tummy?
R: Well, that's kind of tricky.
E: Do they cut your tummy open?
R: Sometimes they do.
E: Wow!! That would take a lot of band-aids!!

We did go see Baby Justus and Evan was so excited to see him! Justus was in the nursery at the time, so we got to see him through the glass. Evan wanted to know everything about it. Why did he have a gold heart on him? (The temperature thing). Why was he only wearing a diaper? Why did he have that black thing on his tummy? All kinds of questions. I love how interested he is!!

Edited to change the spelling from "Justice" to "Justus".

5 comments:

Natalee said...

oh how fun! They are going to love having a tiny little one around! how exciting! I am so thrilled for you guys... I think I have said it before but I am so so excited for you!

Lydianna Bradford said...

I didn't know Justice was born!! I guess that explains the lack of updates on Cherith's blog! Was everything okay? What were the stats?

trish said...

When are they coming home?

ericaprosser said...

they're home- Justus is sweet. I love how social Evan is too- he's really quite bold & funny.

Brandi Wilson said...

I thought Nash already explained the whole situation about where babies come from!