Yesterday and today have been terrible days for me. Just when I think it's getting better, it slumps. Last night when Aaron got home from work, I was in tears from the stress of the day. All evening long, I kept finding myself fighting back the tears. I'm not sure if that was just from the day or just silly pregnancy hormones.
I got up this morning believing it was going to be different and it wasn't. I was taking a shower this morning and all heck broke loose in my house. I wanted to just lock the door and see how long the hot water would run. I got out and disciplined Payton & Evan. It didn't seem to work and at one point, I went to my room and shut the door and lost it.
I hate when I get that way. I came out of my room and when to the kitchen and started cleaning. I guess the boys had decided they better go to their room and get along.
But, then my husband came to the rescue. I got a text message telling me he would be home at 12:30 for lunch (which is very rare). I was glad to just have a break in the day, but then he told me he would take the boys for the afternoon to give me a break. I can't tell you how thankful I was for it!!
I wanted to go to Abilene and just waste the afternoon, but my "task oriented" personality wouldn't let me -- but it was good. I got some stuff done at the church office without my kids running and yelling down the hallways. I was able to think about some things and at one point, just sit in the office in the silence (or as quiet as the church office is).
Then, I decided to head to Abilene and go to Wal-Mart & Lowes. I saved $9 using coupons at Wal-Mart (YAY!) and then decided to go to Michael's and get a tool I've been wanting for a while. I went to Hancock Fabric to look for some Dallas Cowboys fabric. I dropped by the Wilson household to drop off a check. Then, I went to Sharky's (my new favorite fast food place thanks to Alicia) and got a burrito to go. I just got home and the boys aren't back yet. I'm about to watch the season finale of Hell's Kitchen (my favorite show lately) and just relax before they get home. I'm believing that tomorrow will be different. I just needed a break for a few hours.
I am so thankful that Aaron hears from God. In my "breakdown" this morning, I prayed that something/someone would come to my rescue today and not too long afterwards, I got that text message. I am so thankful that my husband hears from God -- even when he might not realize it. I pray that God would bless him 1000 fold for what he did for me today.
Edited to add: Season finale for Hell's Kitchen isn't until Monday. . . oh well, I did get to watch a little tv tonight while the boys played outside.
5 comments:
Yay, Rachel! I'm glad you found something to do in Abilene! Husbands are great!
Hell's Kitchen? Really?! I can't stand that guy.
I only get one comment? Wow! I am glad I did it for you, babe, and not everyone else.
Oh, Aaron, GREAT JOB! You're the man! You really do hear from God! How awesome that was for you to come to Rachel's rescue! You should should have won an award! (Is that good enough?)
You really are great Aaron!
Rachel, I'm so glad you got a break. When you came over Randy I was fried myself. Randy told me that I should invite myself to go with you, but I was too tired to even brush my hair. I'm glad you had a good time!
Brandi, I almost invited you!! Why didn't I?!?!?!?! I was afraid I was still too fried to even carry on a conversation! ;) I guess we could have just gone and not said a word and both come back refreshed!! ;) I'll remember that for next time.
Post a Comment